HR - Search for Existing Person in HRS
This process is used to determine if a person already exists within HRS prior to adding them.
- HR Administrators are required to check both EPM and HRS prior to entering any new person as an Applicant, Employee, or Person Of Interest (POI). This will determine if the person already has a record within the the Peoplesoft HRS System and will prevent the entry of duplicate Person Record Numbers and/or Empl_ID's.
- All employees who terminated within five years prior to the HRS implementation date of April 7, 2011 are included in HRS as Persons of Interest (POI).
- Navigation: Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Add a Person.
- Click the link for Search for Matching Persons.
- The Search Criteria page displays. If the Search Result Code field is blank, click the Magnifying Glass and select General Core HR Results (PSHR_General). Note: Click User Default to set this as the default value for all subsequent searches.
- In the Search Criteria fields, enter the person's Social Security Number without dashes in the National ID field. Unlike names that can change over time, this criteria will return the most reliable results. If you do not have the Social Security Number, enter the information that you do have. When entering data here, be sure to TAB out of the entered fields.
- Click the corresponding Selective Search button if there is an order you would like the search to follow. Then click the Search button.
- The search results may return several potential matches. Look at the names and Personal Data on Results, Results2 and Additional Information tabs. You may click the Show all columns icon to show results from all tabs at the same time. You can click on the headers of each column to sort the results by that column (for example: Click the Last Name to sort all potential matches by Last Name).
- If a match is found, click the Person Organizational Summary link. If all tabs are not shown, this is found on the Additional Information tab. The Organizational Summary will detail records for the matched person by summarizing them under 'Employment Instances' for an employee or 'Person of Interest Instance' if the result returned a POI.
- Do NOT enter this as a new person.
- Verify that the Person Data is up to date. See HR - Modify Person Data for more information. The Empl_ID will carry forward from the Person Organizational Summary.
- Review UW Multiple Jobs Summary. See HR - View UW Multiple Jobs Summary for an Employee.
- Continue with the hire:
- If no match is found, search EPM: HR - Search for Existing Person in EPM.
- HR - Modify Person Data
- HR - Search for Existing Person in EPM
- HR - View UW Multiple Jobs Summary for an Employee
- HR - Rehiring an Employee
- HR - Add Employment Instance (Non-Madison)
- HR - Maintain Workforce - Transfers
- HR - Hire Employee into a Job without a Position (Non-Madison)
To the top
To the top