TL - Compensatory Time Payout upon Termination
This procedure provides steps to process a terminating employee's compensatory time payout.
Procedure At-a-GlanceCategory: N/A
Audience: Payroll Coordinators, HRS Service Center.
Overarching Process: N/A
Jump to Procedure Steps (below)
Jump to Related Policies/Job Aids (below)
This procedure provides steps to process a terminating employee's compensatory time payout. Comp time payout is done through the timesheet.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
Determine whether the terminating employee has a Compensatory Time balance. You may check Comp Time balances in Time and Labor or in the timesheet.
Checking Comp Time balance in Time and Labor
- To check a terminating employee's Comp Time balance, navigate to Time and Labor > Compensatory Time. You are taken to the Compensatory Time page.
- Enter the employee ID (EmplID) or Last Name/First Name. For an overview of employee search options, please refer to user procedure TL - Employee Search Options .
- Click Get Employees.
- Click the employee name hyperlink in the Employees For table.
- You are taken to the Compensatory Time record. In the Comp Time Balance Summary, the employee's Comp Time balance will show in the Balance at Beginning of Today hours.
Note the Comp Time balance. This will be used in a subsequent step.
- Return to the Main Menu.
Checking the Comp Time balance in the timesheet
- Navigate to the timesheet via Manager Self Service > Time Management > Report Time > Timesheet.
- Enter the employee's employee ID (Empl ID) or Last Name/First Name. For an overview of employee search options, please refer to user procedure TL - Employee Search Options .
- In the Date field, select the employee's last active date of employment.
- Click Get Employees. Click the employee's name hyperlink in the Employee table. You are taken to the timesheet.
- In the View By drop-down, select Week. In the Date field, choose the start date for the week of the employee's last day of work. After entering the date, click Refresh.
- Within the timesheet, click on the Balances – click to view hyperlink.
- The balance table opens. The Comp Time balance shows as Comp Time – UW Comp.
Entering Comp Time payout in the timesheet
- In the punch timesheet, on the date/line that is the employee's last active date of employment, scroll to the far right of the timesheet and click the '+' button to add a new row.
- In the elapsed timesheet, scroll to the far right of the timesheet and click the '+ button to add a new row.
- From the Time Reporting Code drop-down list, choose TRC TRMCT.
- Enter the Comp Time balance from the earlier steps in the Quantity field.
Example of Comp Time payout in punch timesheet
Example of Comp Time payout in elapsed timesheet
- After all time is entered, click Submit to save the time entry.