HR - eProfile (Employee Self Service)

Employees can view and update their personal information in eProfile. eProfile is accessible from the My UW Portal. Items available to update are: Addresses, Phone Numbers, Emergency Contacts, Release Home/Phone/Email, Email Addresses, Marital Status, Coordination of Benefits, Medicare Information, Ethnic Group, Disability and Veteran Status. View only information includes: Name, Sex, Date of Birth, Social Security Number, Original Start Date, and Highest Education Level.

Procedure At-a-Glance

Category: eProfile (Employee Self Service)
Audience: All UW System Employees
Overarching Process: eProfile
Navigation: my UW Portal > Update My Personal Information > Personal Summary Page
Jump to Procedure Steps (below)

General Description

This user procedures provides detailed information and instructions for employees on how navigate from My UW System Portal to eProfile and update available Personal Data.

Process Inputs

  • Addresses
  • Phone Numbers
  • Emergency Contacts
  • Release Home / Phone / Email
  • Email Addresses
  • Marital Status
  • Coordination of Benefits
  • Medicare Information
  • Ethnic Group
  • Disability Status
  • Veteran Status

Process Outputs

  • Updated Personal Information
  • Benefits
  • Dependent Information

Exceptions (including first-year considerations)

  • POIs will not have access to eProfile.
  • At go-live employees have access to eProfile to update their Personal Data. Self service will be available for other areas in a delayed implementation (Benefits, Absence Managment, Time and Labor, and Payroll). Only UW-Whitewater will have access to Update Business / Business Other Addresses.

Procedure Steps

Accessing eProfile from My UW System Portal

1. Login to My UW System Portal using your campus login as described in  UWSC Support - Logging in to System Portal.

2. After logging in, you can view various information including your earnings, leave balances, tax statements, as well as your contact information on file. This serves as your gateway to make many different modifications to your personal eProfile data.

3. Locate the Personal Information Section (typically in the top right hand corner of your My UW Portal).

4. Click Update My Personal Information link to enter Self-Service where you can update various types of Personal Information.


5. To update Disability Status, Veteran Status or Ethnic Groups, you will select the the corresponding view/update link found in your My UW Portal.

More information

For specific detailed instruction for the Self Service processes you can perform in eProfile, please see the following documents:

Keywords:Self Service, Update Personal Information, ofccp   Doc ID:16120
Owner:Tami E.Group:Human Resource System (HRS)
Created:2010-12-06 19:00 CDTUpdated:2016-06-24 09:31 CDT
Sites:Human Resource System (HRS)
Feedback:  0   1