ISIS - Password Rules
Note: University staff and students sign into their ISIS accounts using their NetID and password. The ISIS password rules only apply to student employees or UW Foundation staff work accounts.
ISIS has developed password controls for security purposes. The following are the password controls being used:
- Passwords must be between eight and thirty-two characters long.
- Passwords must contain at least one number and at least one non-alphanumeric
e.g. !, @, $, &, #, *, %.
- There is a maximum password age of 90 days. Users must change their password every 3 months. There is a 14-day expiration notice.
- Passwords cannot be your User ID.
- After six unsuccessful login attempts the user account will be locked.