HR - Maintain Faculty Relationships
This procedure provides instruction on how to enter the Faculty Relationship information in PeopleSoft. This is separate from the tenure data in PeopleSoft because there is different security access to this page.
Joint governance allows a faculty member to participate in the governance of a department (in addition to the tenure department) without having a tenure relationship with that department. The two types of joint governance are: Joint Executive and Joint Department. An affiliation allows a faculty member to be associated with a department without governance rights or a continuing departmental commitment. Affiliations may be granted by the departmental executive committee only to probationary and tenured faculty and only for fixed terms.
This process describes how to record the type of joint governance and related information, as well as the Post Tenure Review Date.
- Memo granting a faculty relationship
- Post Tenure Review documentation
- Data for review, analysis and reporting
- List of faculty relationships for the directory
Depending on the campus, this procedure can be combined with the procedure to create tenure data. There are separate security roles for the two pages in PeopleSoft.
Exceptions (including first-year considerations):
This section is for Empl Class FA only.
- Navigate to Workforce Development > Faculty Events > Calculate Tenure > Create Tenure Data.
Find the employee (search by EmplID or name).
- Add/modify a new Faculty Relationship by adding the Department, the type of Faculty Relationship, the Begin Date and End Date, and click Save.
Enter a Post Tenure Review Date and click Save.