HR - Governance Tracking for Faculty Appointments
This procedure provides instruction on how to enter the Division Affilation information and Senate information into PeopleSoft. At go-live, the Division Affiliation applies to UW-Madison and UW-Milwaukee only, and the Senate information applies to UW-Madison only.
The Governance Tracking page is used to store Division Affiliation information for faculty at UW Madison and UW Milwaukee. It also stores the Senate District information for UW-Madison.
- Letter of offer indicating department (used to determine senate district).
Form indicating the faculty member's selection of their division affiliation.
- Faculty Senate list.
Exceptions (including first-year considerations):
At go-live, this section is for Madison and Milwaukee faculty only. There are plans to expand this section to include academic staff governance, as well as faculty governance groups at the other campuses.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to Workforce Development> Faculty Events> Calculate Tenure-->Governance Tracking.
Enter the Effective Date of the information (or the new effective date if a change is being made).
- Select the correct Division Affiliation.
Select the appropriate Senate District Number.
- Select Senator or Alternate if appropriate. This field defaults to blank.
The Senate Seat Number should only be populated if Senator is selected.
- If changes are made, select (+) to create a new row with a new effective date.