UW Digital ID (Win) - Digitally signing an Office 2007 file from within Word, Excel or Powerpoint
Instructions for digitally signing an Office 2007 file from within Word, Excel or Powerpoint
2. When ready to digitally sign it, click the Office Button & navigate down to "Prepare" and choose "Add a Digital Signature".
3. A Microsoft Signature Services window will open click "OK".
4. A Window will open asking you to save the document click on the "Yes". This window will not appear if you have already saved your document.
5. Enter a Purpose for signing and click on the "Sign" button.
6. Click the OK button to return to your Office application main window and you should see a "Signatures" side window.
You should also notice a small red ribbon () near the bottom of your document. This icon indicates the document is digitally signed and you can click the ribbon to display information about the signer.
- If the "Marked as Final" button at the top of the document does not appear then you will need to click on the small red ribbon near the bottom of your document and remove your digital id from the document. Then you will be able to edit your document and then follow the steps above to re-add your digital id to the document.