BN - Deduction Prepay Load Status Query
This document will walk you through running the UW_BN_PREPAY_LOAD_STATUS query to identify employees setup in the Deduction Prepay Review page for a particular payroll and if the deduction prepay loaded successfully to payroll.
The Deduction Prepay Load Status (UW_BN_PREPAY_LOAD_STATUS) query was created to provide Administrators the ability to review all employees
setup on the Deduction Prepay Review Page prior to and after deduction prepay is loaded to payroll. The Deduction Prepay process will automatically load for Academic(C-Basis) employees to the Deduction Prepay Review Page for the March, April and May payrolls in anticipation of Short Work Break during the summer. All other employees can be manually setup prior to an anticipated Leave of Absence or Short Work Break directly on the Deduction Prepay Review Page (see BN - Deduction Prepay Process (Part I, Set Aside Money) ).
- Pay Run ID: The pay period the deduction prepay is setup to take.
- Load to Payroll Status
- Excel spreadsheet.
- Academic(C-Basis) employees are automatically loaded into the Deduction Prepay Review Page around the 1st of March, April, and May in preparation for the summer short work break. They will be automatically loaded based on the Benefit Primary Empl Rcd and enrolled insurances at the time.
- Employees can be manually setup for leave of absences anytime prior to the Deduction Prepay Load to Payroll which is two days prior to confirm. For assistance on manually setting up Deduction Prepay please refer to 37856.
- The 'OK to Process' check on the Deduction Prepay Review Page can be removed prior to the Deduction Prepay Load to Payroll to prevent deductions if needed. During a typical payroll calculation week the Deduction Prepay is loaded on Tuesday night. Unchecking the 'OK to Process' checkbox will remove the check mark for all Plan Types for the particular payroll.
- The query can be run after the Deduction Prepay Load to Payroll to verify who successfully loaded to payroll.
2. Click Query
3. Click Query Viewer
4. Enter UW_BN_PREPAY_LOAD_STATUS into the search criteria and click Search button.
5. You are shown the Search Results below. If you had done a partial search, multiple queries may appear in the list. If you searched for the specific query you are looking for, you should only see that value below. To view the query, click the link for Excel.
6. Once you click on the Excel link, a new page will open. On that page, you will enter your Department or first character and % (Example: A%) into the Department field. You will need to enter the Pay Run ID into the Pay Run ID field to determine which payroll you are reviewing. You can also search for your Pay Run ID by clicking on the magnifying glass. In addition, you will need to select the Load to Payroll Status value from the drop down menu. The following will provide direction on which Load to Payroll Status to choose:
- Two Days Before Payroll Confirm:
- Not Processed: The value should be selected to review and determine if Academic (C-Basis) employees automatically setup for the summer should have deduction prepay based on expectation of fall return. In addition, you can review employees manually setup for leave of absence throughout the year.
- Day Before Payroll Confirm or later:
- Not Processed: The value should be selected after the deduction prepay has loaded to payroll. The query will identify employees that did not successfully load to paychecks. No action is required since the UW Service Center will be reviewing and fixing as appropriate. One common reason for Plan Types to not process is the benefit is zero cost to the employee.
- Processed: The value should be selected after the deduction prepay has loaded to payroll. The query will identify employees who successfully loaded to paychecks. Please contact your Affinity Group if you identify an issue with an employee loaded and you expected different results.
8. Open the query using Microsoft Excel by click OK or Open depending on your internet browser.
9. The report will only display employees checked 'OK to Process' for the payroll. Review the results and determine a course of actions if needed. Please contact your Affinity Group if you notice a processed deduction prepay that is not appearing on a paycheck as expected. Note: An employee may appear on the report with multiple rows if they were setup in deduction prepay for more than one insurance. The data appearing in the Excel spreadsheet is:
a) Business Unit: Displays employee's Business Unit the deduction prepay was setup under.
b) Department: Displays employee's Department the deduction prepay was setup under.
c) Prepay Source: Displays if employee was manually setup for Leave of Absence (LOA) or automatically loaded for Academic(C-Basis) Short Work Break (MAY).
d) EMPLID: Displays employees' Employee ID.
e) Empl Rcd#: Displays employee's Employee Record number the deduction prepay was setup under.
f) Name: Displays employee's name.
g) Empl Status: Displays' the employee status. For example: Active (A), Leave of Absence (L), Leave with Pay (P), Short Work Break (W) and Terminated (T).
h) Ben Program: A benefit program indicates the collection of benefits available to the employee. For an explanation of benefit program values refer to 57531.
i) Plan Type: A list of Plan Type are available in BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
j) Coverage Elect: The values represents if the employee is currently enrolled. For example, E for 'Elect', W for 'Waived', and 'T' for 'Termed' coverage.
k) Benefit Plan: A list of Benefit Plans are available in BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid.
l). Company: UWS is the value for all employees.
m) Pay Group: Displays the pay group the prepay was loaded under. A list of Pay Groups is available in PY - Pay Group Descriptions.
n) Pay Period End: Lists the end date of the pay period end date of pay run id.
o) Off Cycle: Indicates whether or not the paycheck was paid as part of regular on-cycle processing (shows as 'N' in this field) or was created as an off-cycle check or adjustment (shows as 'Y' in this field).
p) Pay Run ID: The pay period the deduction prepay was setup to take.
q) Prepay Factor: Indicates how many additional deductions should be taken for this employee on the specified Pay Run ID (i.e., pay period).
r) PREATX_AMT(A): The calculated Deduction Prepay After Tax amount for each Plan Type.
s) PREBTX_AMT(B): The calculated Deduction Prepay Before Tax amount for each Plan Type.
t) PRETAX_AMT(T): The calculated Deduction Prepay Taxable Tax amount for each Plan Type.
u) Loaded to Payroll: The value represents if the Deduction Prepay has loaded to payroll (L) or not processed (N).
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- BN - Deduction Prepay Process (Part I, Set Aside Money)
- BN - Deduction Prepay Process (Part II, Disburse Money)
- BN - Security Role BN Deduction Prepay Review
- Document 48738 is unavailable at this time.
- BN - Deduction Prepay Paycheck Query
- BN - Benefit Program Assignment Job Aid
- BN - Plan Type and Benefit Plan Code Job Aid
- PY - Pay Group Descriptions