BN - WED - BAS Open Action Required Report
Benefit events are created by Address changes, Job Data changes or Benefit Administrators. Events that remain open and have not been processed through to Finalized - Enrolled or Finalized - Prep None prevent other Events from processing and prevents employees from being evaluated appropriately for benefit eligibility and enrollments should changes occur. The BAS Open Action Required report identifies ADM, FSA, or SAV Events that are open and prepared but not Finalized. It will also identify any employees who have an Event with a status of Prepare Error caused by either a missing ABBR or a future dated Event for a time period where no payroll calendars exist in HRS.
- Error lists all employees with an open ADM, FSA, or SAV Event or employees with an open Event in a Prepare - Error Status. The ADM, FSA, or SAV Event should be finalized or voided if not needed.
- The Prepare - Error issue can be addressed by creating an ABBR if one is missing, or if due to a future dated event, temporarily close the Event to allow other Events to continue to process:
- Income Continuation Insurance and State Group Life use Annual Benefit Base Rates (ABBR) in the payroll calculation of premiums. These ABBRs are based on an estimated annual salary during the first year an
employee is eligible for the WRS. Annual processes are run to determine the appropriate amounts each year thereafter. The SGL ABBR must match the coverage amount on the SGL Insurance Application submitted to the Department of Employee Trust Funds (ETF) and must be present in HRS to submit any eBenefit enrollments.
- An ICI, SGL or SGL7 ABBR must be added to EVERY active
Employee Rcd (Empl_Rcd) to ensure that the ICI premiums will calculate
correctly regardless of which Empl_Rcd is marked as the Benefits Primary
Record. More information on Benefits Primary Records is available in
the Related KB Documents and Job Aids section below.
- An ABBR effective date cannot be earlier than the hire date on the Employee Record.
- Income Continuation Insurance ABBR's MUST be changed mid-year due to
permanent changes in FTE or annual salary. For more information about
ICI mid-year changes, please visit the Income Continuation Insurance: Annual Base Benefit Rate Rules. Please note: HRS will NOT recognize a change in ABBR as an Event requiring Benefits Retro to calculate. In the event an ABBR has been changed after a
payroll has run, a payline adjustment will be required to pick up the
missing premium. If you do not have the security to add a payline
adjustment, please open a WiscIT and assign it to your AG Group.
- If you are missing an ABBR for a date other than the initial date of Income Continuation Insurance eligibility (i.e. an historical row), you will need to use correction to add the effective dated row or contact your AG representative if you do not have a correct history role.
1. Log into HRS. The Workflow Exception Dashboard queries will appear to the right of the main menu. Error queries appear based on your current security and whether there is an error to fix.
2. Click on the hyperlink for the UW_BN_OPEN_ACTN_REQ query.
3. A current list of employees with open events requiring action by Benefit Administrators will be displayed. This list will be refreshed each evening. Empl_ID's that appear as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error. (This may occur if the employee has a missing or incorrect ICI ABBR.)
4. Click the Check to Claim checkbox next to the employee you wish to work on. Your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
5. Click the BAS_ON_DEM_EM hyperlink for the employee you have claimed.
6. The employee's On-Demand Event Maintenance page will be displayed. Note the open event requiring action by Benefit Administrators.
7. The ADM, FSA, or SAV event should be Finalized by completing the employee's enrollment change or voiding if no enrollment changes are needed. A Prepare Error will give the following two error messages when attempting to process the event:
- Missing ABBR error message: "During benefit rate processing, the system was unable to find an acceptable match between the rate key value for the employee and the rates defined in the benefit Rate Data table. Therefore, a rate could not be assigned and a deduction could not be calculated."
- Future dated error message: "Based on the Event date being processed, the Pay-Begin-Date for the next full pay period cannot be determined from PS_Pay_Calendar. Establish the missing periods in the pay calendar."
To the top
- RR - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard
- BN - WED - Income Continuation Insurance Missing/Incorrect ABBR Report
- BN - Annual Benefits Base Rate (ABBR)
- BN - Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - List of Benefit Events
- UWSA Website: State Group Life Insurance
- OHRWD Website: Disability and Income Replacement Insurance
- Income Continuation Insurance: Annual Base Benefit Rate Rules