Benefit events are created by Address changes, Job Data changes or Benefit Administrators. Events that remain open and have not been processed through to Finalized - Enrolled or Finalized - Prep None prevent other Events from processing and prevents employees from being evaluated appropriately for benefit eligibility and enrollments should changes occur. The BAS Open Action Required report identifies ADM, FSA, or SAV Events that are open and prepared but not Finalized. It will also identify any employees who have an Event with a status of Prepare Error caused by either a missing ABBR or a future dated Event for a time period where no payroll calendars exist in HRS.
1. Log into HRS. The Workflow Exception Dashboard queries will appear to the right of the main menu. Error queries appear based on your current security and whether there is an error to fix.
2. Click on the hyperlink for the UW_BN_OPEN_ACTN_REQ query.
3. A current list of employees with open events requiring action by Benefit Administrators will be displayed. This list will be refreshed each evening. Empl_ID's that appear as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error. (This may occur if the employee has a missing or incorrect ICI ABBR.)
4. Click the Check to Claim checkbox next to the employee you wish to work on. Your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
5. Click the BAS_ON_DEM_EM hyperlink for the employee you have claimed.
6. The employee's On-Demand Event Maintenance page will be displayed. Note the open Event requiring action by Benefit Administrators.
7. The ADM, FSA, or SAV event should be Finalized by completing the employee's enrollment change or voiding the Event if no enrollment changes are needed. A Prepare Error will give the following two error messages when attempting to process the Event: