TL - MSS Time Management User Preferences
This procedure provides steps for creating custom search options in MSS Time Management.
Procedure At-a-GlanceCategory: N/A
Audience: Supervisor, manager, payroll coordinator, HR Service Center.
Overarching Process: N/A
Navigation: Manager Self Service > Time Management > Manager Search Options
Jump to Procedure Steps (below)
Jump to Related Policies/Job Aids (below)
Within MSS Time Management, it is possible to create a custom search option, setting criteria parameters to those which are used most often by the manager.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
- Follow path Manager Self Service > Time Management > Manager Search Options.
- Click Manager Search Options.
- The Manager Search Options page opens.
- On the Manager Search Options page, you determine which criteria to include in employee searches. For example, including Emp lID allows you to search by employee ID number; including Last Name and First Name allow you to search by employee names.
- The default Employee Selection Criteria includes all parameters except Job Description and Supervisor ID.
- To modify the selection criteria, deselect the check box under Include in Criteria.
- The column of Include in List check boxes pertains to information which will be part of the search output as shown below.
- Select or deselect check boxes according to what you want to see.
- The employee search speed can be enhanced by modifying the Auto Populate Option.
- Change Auto Populate Results to Prompt for Results.
- Within Criteria Defaults, choose Collapse Criteria or Expand Criteria. Expand Criteria is the recommended selection.
- If Collapse Criteria is chosen, the employee selection criteria will be hidden each time the timesheet is accessed.
- To open the Employee Selection Criteria, click the arrow to the left of Employee Selection Criteria.
- The Employee Selection Criteria opens.
- With Criteria Default Expand Criteria selected, the default view is the opened Employee Selection Criteria view. This is the recommended view.
- After making changes, click Save to save your changes.
- The selection options you make will become the search options for each Time Management search.
This completes the steps for this procedure.