TL - Monitoring Leave Balances from the Timesheet
This procedure provides steps for checking leave balances.
This procedure provides steps for checking leave balances on the timesheet. Leave balances may be viewed by employees, supervisors, managers, payroll coordinators, and HR Service Center staff in the timesheet. Leave balances may also be viewed through Global Payroll and Absence Management, depending on user profile security.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
An employee will enter absence takes, use Legal Holidays or floating Legal Holidays, and/or utilize compensatory time. This procedure provides steps for monitoring leave balances. Leave balances will be updated through Time and Labor and Absence Management and accurate as of the last confirmed payroll.
Leave Balances in the Timesheet
- To access or review the timesheet, refer to TL- Accessing a Timesheet (Employee & Manager).
Scroll to the bottom of the timesheet page and click the Balances – click to view hyperlink.
- The Balances tables open.
- If there are two tables (depending on the employee's balance eligibility), the top table will reflect balances which process through Time and Labor. These will include Legal Holiday and Compensatory (Comp) Time. Legal Holiday and Comp Time balances will be updated as they are used on the timesheet. Other leave balances will be updated after they are processed in Absence Management.
The Absence Entitlement Balances will be reflected in the second table and will also include Legal Holiday and Comp Time.
- The balances in the Absence Entitlement Balances table will be accurate as of the last confirmed payroll. The timesheet Balance information includes the disclaimer, "**Disclaimer: The current balance does not reflect absences that have not been processed."
Using the above balances as an example, the employee's Personal Holiday balance is 36.00 Hours. When entering time for the current time period, the employee uses six hours of Personal Holiday. The Personal Holiday balance will not be decreased to 30.00 Hours until the pay period's payroll is finalized.
Leave Balances in Global Payroll and Absence Management
Depending on security access, you may also check leave balances through Global Payroll and Absence Management. See AM - Review Absence Balances for more information.
To the top
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- TL - View Compensatory Time Balance
- TL - Employee Search Options
- AM - Review Absence Balances
- TL - ESS Report Punch Time
- TL - ESS Report Elapsed Time
- TL - MSS Report Punch Time
- TL - MSS Report Elapsed Time