UW Digital ID (Win) - Digitally signing an Office 2010 file from within Word, Excel or Powerpoint
Instructions for digitally signing an Office 2010 file from within Word, Excel or Powerpoint
2. When ready to digitally sign it, click "File" from the Outlook Menu & navigate down to "Info" and then click "Protect Document" and choose "Add a Digital Signature".
3. A Microsoft Signature Services window will open click "OK".
4. A Window will open asking you to save the document click on the "Yes".
5. Enter a Purpose for signing and click on the "Sign" button.
6. Click the OK button to return to an Information window about your document and click the "View Signatures" button.
You should also notice a small red ribbon () near the bottom of your document. This icon indicates the document is digitally signed and you can click the ribbon to display information about the signer.