HR - Probationary Employees
This document provides a listing of employee classes and the valid probation types for each empl class. It also shows where the probation type and end date are entered on the job data page.
- Faculty probationary periods are set up in HR - Tenure Tracking. Do not use Probation Type on the UW Custom Page for faculty.
Valid Probation Types by Employee Class and Continuity Status:
The probation type is in HRS on the Job Data page, UW Custom tab. (Menu navigation is: Workforce Administration >Job Information > Job Data.) When the employee is hired, the fields for Probation Type and Probation End Date are required to save the job record.
Note: If there is no probation, select Not Required, and leave the Probation End Date field blank.
The probation report will provide information on those employees on probation so that their status can be reviewed.
See HR - UW Probation Report (SQR Report). If the probation end date needs to be extended, see HR - Probation Change - Extension.
- HR - Empl Class Overview
- HR - Continuity Status Overview
- HR - Action/Action Reason Code - Job Aid
- HR - Hire Employee into a Job without a Position (Non-Madison)
- HR - Tenure Tracking
- HR - Probation Change - Extension
- HR - UW Probation Report (SQR Report)