HR - Add Regional (Race/Ethnicity) Information
This procedure describes how to add employee Ethnic Codes on the Person data/Regional tab.
- This document does not apply to UW-Madison and is intended for users from other UW campuses. UW-Madison users should refer to documentation intended for their campus.
To record demographic information for federal and state reporting.
- Employee Data from Self-Identification Form
- Race and ethnicity data for analysis and reporting
An employee may add or change Ethnic Codes using Self-Service.
Exceptions (including first-year considerations)
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
|NOTE: Information contained on the Regional tab is considered sensitive and not all staff will have access to this employee data.|
- If you are not creating the person record but are only entering the data from the employee self-identification form, check to see if the employee record exists in HRS using HR - Search for Existing Person in HRS.
If you are creating a New employee follow the steps in HR - Add a Person
- If you are modifying an Existing employee Navigate to Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Modify a Person
- Enter the EmplID for the employee, or search by Name, Last name
- Select the employee from the search results
- Click on the 'Regional' Tab
- Accept the default value of USA in the Regulatory Region field.
If the employee checks "yes" for the question "Is your ethnicity Hispanic/Latino?", click on the magnifying glass look-up () for ethnic group and select "HISPA" for Hispanic/Latino.
- If the employee checks "no" for the question "Is your ethnicity Hispanic/Latino?", select the value corresponding to the races checked on the form.
- If more that one race is checked, then add a row and select the appropriate code. You may add as many additional rows as needed. You may click on View All to see all the rows at one time. Do not click the Primary Check box. This is not being used by UW.
- If the "Is your ethnicity Hispanic/Latino?" question is not answered and no race is checked, select "NSPEC" for Not Specified.
To enter Disability and Veterans Information, see HR - Add Disability and Veterans Information.