TL - Elapsed Exception Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
This document will explain how an employee and/or manager enters time in an elapsed exception timesheet.
A typical employee who would use this type of timesheet would be an exempt employee with a fixed work schedule and has been assigned a schedule in HRS that auto populates their hours worked onto the timesheet. These types of employees only update their timesheets when their actual hours worked differ from scheduled work hours.
- Changes made to the pre-populated schedule
- Reported Time
- With an exception timesheet, time will only need to be added or adjusted if the time worked changes from what is previously scheduled. If no adjustments are made the time will be submitted automatically.
1. To access or review the timesheet, refer to TL - Accessing a Timesheet (Employee & Manager).
3. An employee with an elapsed exception timesheet will already have their timesheet filled in with their assigned schedule. You only need to alter the hours in the timesheet if the hours they worked differ from their schedule.
Note: You can enter partial days by using quarter hours (e.g., 5.25).
4. If there are any changes to the timesheet, click the Submit button to save the changes.
Note: If the employee's time worked does not deviate from their schedule, the timehseet does not need to be submitted.
5. The timesheet has now been submitted. You can see the status of the submitted hours for each row. After the Time Administration process runs the time can be approved.
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- TL - Elapsed Exception Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Elapsed Positive Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Punch Exception Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Punch Positive Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Student Timesheet Entry (Student & Manager)
- Document 15616 is unavailable at this time.
- TL - Approve Payable Time
- TL - Timesheet Adjustments