TL - Elapsed Exception Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
A typical employee assigned this type of timesheet is exempt with a fixed work schedule. The default schedule has been assigned in HRS and their timesheet autopopulates with the scheduled hours. Exception time reporters only update their timesheet when their actual hours worked differ from their default schedule.
- Exception timesheets only need hours added or adjusted if the time worked differs from the default schedule assignment. If no adjustments are made it is not necessary to submit the timesheet; the time will flow through for approval automatically.
1. To access or review the timesheet, refer to TL - Accessing a Timesheet (Employee & Manager).
2. Select the correct time period.
3. An employee with an elapsed exception timesheet will have their scheduled hours populate automatically. Payroll Coordinators will need to click the "Apply Schedule" button to see the hours populate. It is not required to click the "Apply Schedule" button in order for hours to flow through for approval; it is purely for cosmetic purposes.
4. All Absence Requests should be submitted prior to making any changes to or clicking the Submit button on the timesheet.
**Note: When an absence request is submitted, the scheduled hours will adjust accordingly to account for the absence take. For example if an employee scheduled for 8 hours submits an absence request for 4 hours, the scheduled hours for that day will automatically adjust down to 4.
*** If an employee submits their timesheet prior to submitting their absence request, they will need to manually adjust the hours on their timesheet.
5. If there are any changes to the timesheet, click the Submit button to save the changes.
Note: If the employee's time worked does not deviate from their schedule, the timehseet does not need to be submitted.
6. The timesheet has now been submitted. The Reported Hours will show the number of hours submitted for the entire pay period. You can also see the status of the submitted hours for each row on the Reported Time Status tab. After the Time Administration process runs the time can be approved.
- TL - Elapsed Exception Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Elapsed Positive Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Punch Exception Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Punch Positive Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Student Timesheet Entry (Student & Manager)
- TL - Assign Work Schedule (Payroll Coordinator)
- TL - Approve Payable Time
- TL - Timesheet Adjustments