TL - Punch Positive Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
This document will explain how an employee and/or manager enters time in a punch positive timesheet.
A typical employee who would use this type of timesheet would be a non-exempt employee with a varied work schedule and has not been assigned a schedule in HRS. These types of employees must manually enter the IN and OUT punches for each shift worked on the timesheet for each day of the pay period.
- Time worked by the employee
- Reported Time
- The ‘Auto Lunch’ deduction should only be used for punch exception employees.
1. To access or review the timesheet, refer to TL - Accessing a Timesheet (Employee & Manager).
3. Enter the times the employee arrived at and left work.
- The first In and Out punch fields are used to record the start and finish of a work shift.
- The 2nd Out and In punch fields are only used to record a lunch break within the work shift. If the employee is not required to report a lunch break, then these punches should be left blank.
- The time entered in the In and Out punch fields can be formatted several ways (e.g., 7:45a, 7:45AM, 07:45:00AM, etc). Refer to TL - Timesheet Time Format for detailed formatting information.
5. The timesheet has now been submitted. You can see the status of the submitted hours below the timesheet. After the Time Administration process runs, the time can be approved.
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- TL - Elapsed Exception Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Elapsed Positive Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Punch Exception Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Punch Positive Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Student Timesheet Entry (Student & Manager)
- Document 15616 is unavailable at this time.
- TL - Approve Payable Time
- TL - Lunch Punch
- TL - Timesheet Time Format
- TL - Timesheet Adjustments