TL - Punch Exception Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
This document will explain how an employee and/or manager enters time in a punch exception timesheet for an employee.
A typical employee who would use this type of timesheet would be a non-exempt employee with a fixed work schedule and has been assigned a schedule in HRS that auto populates their IN and OUT punches for each shift worked onto the timesheet. These types of employees only update their timesheets when their actual worked shift differs from their scheduled shift.
- Changes made to the pre-populated schedule
- Reported Time
- With an exception timesheet, time will only need to be added or adjusted if the time worked changes from what is previously scheduled. If no adjustments are made the time will be submitted automatically.
- If there is an auto-lunch set up, time in and time out will not need to be added for lunch as an automatic deduction of time will be taken.
1. To access or review the timesheet, refer to TL - Accessing a Timesheet (Employee & Manager).
3. Because this is a punch exception timesheet, it will already be filled in with the employee's assigned schedule. The time will only need to be altered if the employee's actual time worked differs from their assigned schedule in HRS. Make any necessary changes to the timesheet.
4. If there are any changes to the timesheet, click the Submit button to save the changes.
Note: If the employee's time worked does not deviate from their schedule, the timehseet does not need to be submitted.
5. The timesheet has now been submitted. You can see the status of the submitted hours for each row. After the Time Administration process runs the time can be approved.
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- TL - Elapsed Exception Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Elapsed Positive Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Punch Exception Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Punch Positive Timesheet Entry (Employee & Manager)
- TL - Student Timesheet Entry (Student & Manager)
- Document 15616 is unavailable at this time.
- TL - Approve Payable Time
- TL - Timesheet Time Format
- TL - Timesheet Adjustments