TL - Student Timesheet Entry (Student & Manager)
This document will outline how a student and/or manager would log in to HRS and enter time in the student timesheet.
This document will explain how a student and/or manager enters time in a student timesheet. All students using a timesheet will use a Punch Positive timesheet. This means their schedule appears with an empty "IN" and "OUT" boxes that must be filled in.
- Time worked by the student
- Reported Time
TL - Accessing a Timesheet (Employee & Manager).
2. Select the correct time period by adjusting the View By: and Date: fields.
3. The four "IN" and "OUT" boxes should be used as follows:
- First "IN" - The student should enter the time they first report to their job.
- First "OUT" - The student should enter time only if they leave their job for a meal break which is typically 30 minutes or longer. End of shift time should never be placed in this field.
- Second "IN" - The student would enter time in this field only if they return from a meal break and if no break is taken these fields should remain blank.
- Second "OUT" - This field would be filled in with the time the student left their job for the day.
In the below example, the student came to work at 8:00 AM and took a meal break at 12:00 PM. The student returns from the meal break at 12:30 PM and works until 4:30 PM.
The next day, the student only works a partial day. In this case, they would only enter time in the First "IN" and the Last "OUT" boxes.
4. When clicking on the Submit button ( ), the Punch Total and Reported Hours are updated for that day.
5. The student does not have to enter a Time Reporting Code unless it is for special work (as instructed by the supervisor). Students have a limited number of Time Reporting Codes and will only see the ones that apply to them and their job.
Another Example: 3 Work Shifts in One DayIn the below example, the student basically has three work shifts in one day between classes. When entering partial day shifts, rows must be added for the day.
1. To do this, scroll to the right of the timesheet to Add a Row.
- To add rows for the correct date, in this case 2/27, the student would click on the Plus sign box twice to have a total of three rows for the day.
2. Below you see the student has entered three shifts for the day.
3. If incorrect times are submitted, NEVER use cut or delete to correct the punch. Rather, you must delete the entire row in the timesheet. To delete a row which includes incorrect In or Out times, scroll to the right of the timesheet and choose the minus sign.
4. When you receive the Delete Confirmation message, click Yes - Delete.