Mapping a network share on a Law School Office Machine
Creating a connection to a shared drive on the Law School Network on a Law School Office Machine.
NOTE: All the shared drives require access to be pre-configured. Please make sure the person in charge of the share contacts email@example.com authorizing access.
Making the connection on a Law School Office Machine
Here's how you make a permanent network drive connection:
1. Click on START (Win XP) or on the "Start Globe" (Win 7)
2. Click on MY COMPUTER (Win XP) or COMPUTER (Win 7) to open your listing of drives.
3. At the top of the window, click on TOOLS, then MAP NETWORK DRIVE
4. Set the drive letter to (for example P:) and in the folder enter in \\shared\<share name> (for example \\shared\amicus)
5. Make sure to check the box that says "reconnect @ logon" and click Finish.
Valid Share names: