HR - UWC / UWEX Program Area - Job Aid
This indicator is used to track employees by specific Program Areas throughout the State of Wisconsin. This is primarily used by the UW Extension and UW Colleges.
Due to the unique and complex organizational structure of Extension and Colleges, multiple identifiers are required to adequately group employees to meet organizational needs. Although the District reflects the hiring relationship, the Program Area reflects the educational programming relationship. Budgets, reports, directories, work teams, etc. are all associated with the Program Area. Government-mandated Affirmative Action (AA) Plans also require this information to adequately create job groups and track AA goals.
- Navigate to Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data > Job Information tab
From the Job Information section on the Hire a Person or Job Change form, enter the UWC/UWEX Program Area
Continue with remaining process
Value Long Name Short Name 01 Not Applicable N/A 02 Agriculture & Ntrl Resources ANRE 03 Comm, NR & Econ Devel CNRED 04 Family Living Programs Fam Living 05 4-H Youth Development 4HYD 06 WI Geo & Natural History Srvy WGNHS 07 Leadership Wisconsin Lead Wisc
NOTE: This field is primarily used by UW-Colleges and UW-Extension. It may also be used by other campuses for employees associated within Cooperative Extension (e.g., state specialists).
- HR - HR Report List
- HR - Hire Using a Position
- HR - Hire Employee into a Job without a Position (Non-Madison)
- HR - Maintain Workforce - Transfers
- HR - Rehiring an Employee
- HR - Student Help - Rehire
- HR - Student Help - Hire into a Job or Transfer
- HR - Student Help - Add an Employment Instance