BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table
This document outlines the steps Benefit Administrators should follow to create benefit Events on the BAS Activity Table.
The Benefit Administration System (BAS) Activity Table is the temporary holding place for Events that are automatically created when rows are added to an employee's Job Data record, when address changes are made, or when the UW Service Center runs annual processes such as the ICI Annual Process or the Open Enrollment Process. Other events, such as ADM, SAV, and/or UIA Events are manually created by the Benefit Administrator to enroll or make changes to an employee's benefit plan enrollments. This document walks you through adding a manual event to the BAS Activity Table.
- Employee ID Number (Empl_ID)
- Event Date = Effective date of enrollment or coverage change (Eligibility rules may vary from Plan to Plan)
- BAS Action = Type of event being used
- Only one ADM, SAV, or UIA Event is needed for a specific Effective Date (or Coverage Begin Date) to make all required enrollments or changes.
- Verify the enrollment policy rules for any insurance plans to determine the correct event effective date by referencing the OHRWD Benefits Website.
- ADM Events are used for enrollment changes to Health, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Health Savings Accounts.
- SAV Events are used for enrollment changes to Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (WDC) and/or Tax Sheltered Annuities (TSA).
- UIA Events are used to reinstate the University Insurance Association insurance plan when an employee has been termed in error and rehired into the same position/job on the same day.
1. Verify whether an ADM, SAV, or UIA Event already exists for the effective date before adding a new Event by navigating to: Benefits > Manage Automated Enrollment > Events >On Demand Event Maintenance.
2. Enter the employee's Empl_ID and click the Search button.
3. The employee's On Demand Event Maintenance screen will be displayed. (Example used assumes you are entering an ADM Event with an Effective Date of 9/1/2015.)
If an Event has been added to the BAS Activity Table and it has not yet been Scheduled/Prepared, you will see the Event displayed as "pending" on the top of the page:
4. If an Event has been added and has already been Scheduled/Prepared, you will need to Re-Open the existing Event and make any entries/changes on the existing Event. For more information on re-opening/reprocessing Events, please reference: BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance.
Click on the Event Status Update button to verify if an ADM Event exists in On Demand Event Maintenance.
5. In this case, an ADM Event had already been created and used for enrollments. To reprocess this Event, reference BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance.
6. If no Event exists with the effective date you need, you will need to manually add that Event to the BAS Activity Table.
7. Navigate to: Benefits > Manage Automated Enrollment > Events > Review BAS Activity. (Note: It may take a few seconds for this to display.)
8. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the icon to add a new row.
9. Enter the employee's ID number into the Empl ID field.
10. Enter the effective date into the Event Date field.
11. Enter the type of Event you want to create into the BAS Action field. Manually created events include: ADM (Administrative), SAV (Savings), and UIA (University Insurance Association).
12. Once you've entered this information, click the Save button to finalize the addition to the BAS Activity table.
13. The Event will now be Pending on the employee's On Demand Event Maintenance screen.
For information on how to process Events using On Demand Event Maintenance, please reference: BN - Processing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance .
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- BN - Processing an ADM Event for Health Insurance
- Document 17970 is unavailable at this time.
- Document 34734 is unavailable at this time.
- BN - Add Coverage Job Aid
- Document 17267 is unavailable at this time.
- BN - Add Dependent Job Aid
- Document 17190 is unavailable at this time.
- BN - Cancel Coverage Job Aid
- BN - Processing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - Benefits Administration
To the top