HR - Employee Self Service - Change Marital Status
This user procedure provides detailed information and instructions for employees on how to change marital status via Personal Summary page.
- Creating a Marital Status change will not automatically change your benefit plans. Please contact your Benefits office.
- POIs will not have access to Self Service.
- Login to My UW System Portal using your campus login as described in UWSS Support - Logging into the My.Wisconsin.edu / My.Wisc.edu System Portal.
- Click the Personal Information tile.
- Click on Update My Personal Information link.
- Click Marital Status in the left menu bar.
- Click the drop down for New Status and select the appropriate option
- Enter the effective date in the As Of field, or use the calendar to select the date.
- Click the Save button in the upper right.
- A green Save was Successful message will appear briefly at the top.
- HR - Employee Self Service - Add Preferred Name
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Addresses
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Phone Numbers and Email Addresses
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Emergency Contacts
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Ethnic Groups