HR - Employee Self Service - Change Marital Status


This user procedure provides detailed information and instructions for employees on how to change marital status via Personal Summary page.


  • Creating a Marital Status change will not automatically change your benefit plans. Please contact your Benefits office.
  • POIs will not have access to Self Service.


  1. Login to My UW System Portal using your campus login as described in  UWSS Support - Logging into the / System Portal.

  2. Click the Personal Information tile.

  3. 92portalscreenshot.png

  4. Click on Update My Personal Information link.

  5. portal first page

  6. Click Marital Status in the left menu bar.

    Click Marital Status

  7. Click the drop down for New Status and select the appropriate option

  8. Enter the effective date in the As Of field, or use the calendar to select the date.

  9. Click the Save button in the upper right.

    Click Save

  10. A green Save was Successful message will appear briefly at the top.


Related KBs:

Related Links:
  • N/A

Keywords:Self Service Update Personal Information   Doc ID:16983
Owner:Tami E.Group:Human Resource System (HRS)
Created:2011-02-18 19:00 CDTUpdated:2020-04-06 13:55 CDT
Sites:Human Resource System (HRS)
Feedback:  2   0