HR - Employee Self Service - Change Ethnic Groups
This document explains how to update ethnic group information using eProfile via My UW System Portal.
The University is required to collect data on race and ethnicity from its employees to comply with federal record keeping and reporting requirements. The information obtained will be kept confidential and will be used for summary federal reporting purposes and to support institutional affirmative action efforts. Providing this information is voluntary.
- POIs will not have access to Self Service
OFCCP regulations 41 CFR 60-1.12(c) indicate that for any personnel or employment record a contractor maintains, it must be able to identify the gender, race, and ethnicity of each employee and, where possible, the gender, race and ethnicity of each applicant.
OFCCP has not mandated a particular method of collecting the information. Self-identification is the most reliable method and preferred method for compiling information about a person's gender, race and ethnicity. Contractors are strongly encouraged to rely on employee self-identification to obtain this information. Visual observation is an acceptable method for identifying demographic data, although it may not be reliable in every instance. If self-identification is not feasible, post-employment records or visual observation may be used to obtain this information. Contractors should not guess or assume the gender, race or ethnicity of an applicant or employee.
A contractor's invitation to an employee or applicant to self-identify his or her gender, race, and ethnicity should indicate to individuals that supplying such information is voluntary. OFCCP would not hold a contractor responsible for applicant data when the applicant declines to self-identify and there are no other acceptable methods of obtaining this information.
Login to My UW System Portal using your campus login as described in UWSC Support - Logging in to the My.Wisconsin.edu / My.Wisc.edu System Portal.
Click the Personal Information tile.
Click Update my personal information on the Personal Information screen.
- Click Ethnic Groups on the left menu bar
To update Ethnic Group information, click the pencil icon.
NOTE: To see an explanation of the options, click the Explain hyperlink.
- Update information and click Save.
- A green successful change bar will appear briefly at the top.
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Addresses
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Phone Numbers and Email Addresses
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Emergency Contacts
- Document 16981 is unavailable at this time.
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Marital Status
- BN - Self Service (eBenefits) Updating Other Health Insurance Information
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Ethnic Groups
- HR - Employee Self Service - Update Disability Status
- UWSC Support -- My UW-System Portal - Customizing Modules, Content, and Layout