HR - eProfile (Employee Self Service) - Change Ethnic Groups
This document explains how to update ethnic group information using eProfile via My UW System Portal.
Procedure At-a-GlanceCategory: eProfile - Update Release Information
Audience: All UW-System Employees
Overarching Process: eProfile
Navigation: My UW Portal > Update My Personal Information
Jump to Procedure Steps (below)
Jump to Related Policies/Job Aids (below)
This user procedure provides detailed information and instructions for employees on how to Change Ethnic Groups via Personal Summary page.
- Individual's Ethnic Groups
- Updated Personal Information
- The University is required to collect data on race and ethnicity from its employees to comply with federal record keeping and reporting requirements. The information obtained will be kept confidential and will be used for summary federal reporting purposes and to support institutional affirmative action efforts. Providing this information is voluntary.
- POIs will not have access to Self Service
1A. Click on the (view/update) link next to Ethnic Groups. This will take you directly to update Ethnic Groups screen.
1B. Click the Update my Personal Information. This will take you to the Self-Service summary screen. To update the Ethnic Groups, click the button.
2. Answer Question 1: The default is set to NO. To change, click the YES radial button. Click the Explain link for more Ethnicity information below.
3. Answer Question 2: Click all check box selections that apply. Click the Explain link for more Race information below.
4. After you have completed question 1 and 2, click the Save button.
5. Once the information has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation. After pressing OK, you will be redirected back to the Ethnic Group form.
Detailed Ethnicity/Race Descriptions
Detailed description of Ethnicity and Race selections for both questions are available, shown below:
Question 1: Click Link -
Question 2: Click Link -
End of Procedure
OFCCP regulations 41 CFR 60-1.12(c) indicate that for any personnel or employment record a contractor maintains, it must be able to identify the gender, race, and ethnicity of each employee and, where possible, the gender, race and ethnicity of each applicant.
OFCCP has not mandated a particular method of collecting the information. Self-identification is the most reliable method and preferred method for compiling information about a person's gender, race and ethnicity. Contractors are strongly encouraged to rely on employee self-identification to obtain this information. Visual observation is an acceptable method for identifying demographic data, although it may not be reliable in every instance. If self-identification is not feasible, post-employment records or visual observation may be used to obtain this information. Contractors should not guess or assume the gender, race or ethnicity of an applicant or employee.
A contractor's invitation to an employee or applicant to self-identify his or her gender, race, and ethnicity should indicate to individuals that supplying such information is voluntary. OFCCP would not hold a contractor responsible for applicant data when the applicant declines to self-identify and there are no other acceptable methods of obtaining this information.
- HR - eProfile (Employee Self Service)
- HR - eProfile (Employee Self Service) - Change Addresses
- HR - eProfile (Employee Self Service) - Change Phone Numbers
- HR - Change Emergency Contacts
- HRS HR - eProfile (Employee Self Service) - Change Email Addresses
- HR - eProfile (Employee Self Service) - Change Marital Status
- HR - eProfile (Employee Self Service) - Change Coordination of Benefits
- HR - eProfile (Employee Self Service) - Change Medicare Information
- HR - eProfile (Employee Self Service) - Update Disability Status
- HR - eProfile (Employee Self Service) - Update Veteran Status
- UWSC Support -- My UW-System Portal - Customizing Modules, Content, and Layout