OverviewThis document explains how to update ethnic group information using eProfile via My UW System Portal.
The University is required to collect data on race and ethnicity from its employees to comply with federal record keeping and reporting requirements. The information obtained will be kept confidential and will be used for summary federal reporting purposes and to support institutional affirmative action efforts. Providing this information is voluntary.
- POIs will not have access to Self Service
OFCCP regulations 41 CFR 60-1.12(c) indicate that for any personnel or employment record a contractor maintains, it must be able to identify the gender, race, and ethnicity of each employee and, where possible, the gender, race and ethnicity of each applicant.
OFCCP has not mandated a particular method of collecting the information. Self-identification is the most reliable method and preferred method for compiling information about a person's gender, race and ethnicity. Contractors are strongly encouraged to rely on employee self-identification to obtain this information. Visual observation is an acceptable method for identifying demographic data, although it may not be reliable in every instance. If self-identification is not feasible, post-employment records or visual observation may be used to obtain this information. Contractors should not guess or assume the gender, race or ethnicity of an applicant or employee.
A contractor's invitation to an employee or applicant to self-identify his or her gender, race, and ethnicity should indicate to individuals that supplying such information is voluntary. OFCCP would not hold a contractor responsible for applicant data when the applicant declines to self-identify and there are no other acceptable methods of obtaining this information.
Instructions for Updating Ethnic Groups
Login to My UW System Portal using your campus login as described in Logging into the My.Wisconsin.edu / My.Wisc.edu System Portal.
Click the Personal Information tile.
Click Update My Personal Information on the Personal Information screen.
- Click Ethnic Groups on the left menu bar
Select Ethnic Groups information by using the radio buttons and check boxes.
NOTE: To see an explanation of the options, click the Explain hyperlink.
- Click the green Save button in the lower left.
- A green successful change bar will appear briefly at the top.
- Adding a Preferred Name Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Changing an Address Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Changing Phone Numbers and Email Addresses Using Self Service in HRS
- Changing Emergency Contacts Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Changing Marital Status Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Updating Other Health Insurance Information Using Self Service in HRS
- Changing Ethnic Groups Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Updating Disability Status Using Employee Self Service Using My UW Portal
- [Link for document 17130 is unavailable at this time.]