TL - Overtime for FLSA Exempt Employees
This procedure outlines how to enter overtime for eligible FLSA exempt employees in the elapsed timesheet. Overtime processes automatically in Time Administration for FLSA nonexempt employees who use the punch timesheet. The automatic calculation of overtime for FLSA nonexempt employees occurs because the processing rules within Time Administration read the week's time to determine overtime pay. However, FLSA exempt employees who use the elapsed timesheet are technically exempt from overtime and Time Administration does not calculate overtime for them. In order to pay overtime to FLSA exempt employees in the elapsed timesheet, Time Reporting Codes must be selected and number of hours must be entered.
- Access the timesheet through menu path Manager Self Service > Time Management > Report Time > Timesheet. Supervisors and managers will access this page through the My UW portal. Please refer to user procedure TL - Navigation in Time and Labor for instructions.
- Select a specific employee by entering EmplID or Last Name/First Name; or search for the employee or a group of employees by selecting Group ID, Business Unit, Department, or Workgroup. For an overview of employee search options, please refer to user procedure TL - Employee Search Options . Change the date to the correct pay period, if applicable. Click Get Employees and choose the employee name hyperlink.
- In the elapsed timesheet, scroll to the right and click ('+') to add a row.
- Provided the employee is eligible to receive overtime pay, enter the additional hours on the second row. Under the respective dates, enter the number of hours of additional work as shown below.
- In the Time Reporting Code (TRC) drop-down list, choose the appropriate TRC.
Note: See the Time Reporting Codes employee timesheet view to understand which TRC to use - TRCsbygroupsemployeetimesheetview.xls
- Click Submit to save your work.
- TL - Overtime Multiple Jobs and Comp Time Policy
- TL - MSS Report Elapsed Time
- TL - Employee Search Options