FN - Funding and Direct Retro Security by Campus
This document will cover the security that is in place in HRS system to add and update funding on the Budget Funding Data Entry page, as well as security to create Direct Retro's.
- Direct Retros are often referred to as Salary Cost Transfers (SCT) at UWMSN
Security Roles - Funding Entry
- FI Campus User view only access to customized Funding Data Entry Page for their Business Unit. The funding pages show funding distributions for employee/job for set effective dates.
- FI Campus User access to enter funding for more than one Business Unit. In rare cases, there is funding which crosses Business Units; this access will be limited to a few individuals and will need approval of the HRS Finance Team and Campus Leaders
- FI Campus User access to the custom Budget Funding Data Entry page to enter/update funding for employee/job for user's Business Unit only.
Security Roles - Direct Retro
- FI Campus User view only access to salary funding distribution (Direct Retro) changes for employee/job/payroll period for their Business Unit for payrolls originating in HRS.
- FI Campus User direct retro approver access includes the ability to approve direct retros and prepare them (set status to Ready for Batch Processing) to process through to SFS Financials.
- FI Campus User access to enter a direct retro. This access allows a user to enter a direct retro into the HRS system.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:Related KBs:
- FN - Finance Report List
- FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense
- FN - Add or Change Department Level Funding for an Organizational Department
- FN - Add or Change Position Level Funding for Employee Salary Expenses
- FN - Enter Direct Retro Funding Distribution