Listing Study Team Members in the Application
Listing the Principal Investigator
- Anyone listed as PI in the application can edit and submit the application as well as create and submit changes, continuing reviews, and reportable events for the study. The PI also receives email notifications about the study.
- The PI should be listed on the first page of the IRB application.
- If the PI will not designate any points of contact for the study, they also should list themselves as a point of contact.
Listing Points of Contact
- A point of contact (POC) is someone designated by the PI to serve as a point person for a study. Up to four POCs can be listed for a study. NOTE: This applies ONLY to the HS and MR IRBs.
- Anyone listed as a POC in the application can edit and submit the application as well as create and submit changes, continuing reviews, and reportable events for the study (if applicable). The POCs also receive email notifications about the study. NOTE: PIs retain ultimate responsibility for the conduct of those to whom they delegate research responsibilities.