Listing Study Team Members in the Application
Listing the Principal Investigator
- Anyone listed as PI in the application can edit and submit the application as well as create and submit changes, continuing reviews, and reportable events for the study. The PI also receives email notifications about the study.
- The PI should be listed on the first page of the IRB application.
- If the PI will not designate any points of contact for the study, they also should list themselves as a point of contact.
Listing Points of Contact
- A point of contact (POC) is someone designated by the PI to serve as a point person for a study. Up to four POCs can be listed for a study. NOTE: This applies ONLY to the HS and MR IRBs.
- Anyone listed as a POC in the application can edit and submit the application as well as create and submit changes, continuing reviews, and reportable events for the study (if applicable). The POCs also receive email notifications about the study. NOTE: PIs retain ultimate responsibility for the conduct of those to whom they delegate research responsibilities.
Listing Study Team Members
Except for the PI and points of contact, all study team members affiliated with UW-Madison, UW Health, or the Madison VA who are engaged in human subjects research must be listed on the Study Team page of the application. Apart from the PI and POC, all other study team members default to having read-only access to the application and do not receive email notifications. To grant a study team member edit access, please use the Grant Edit Access activity in the study workspace.
Who can submit materials to the IRB through ARROW?
Only people listed as the PI and POC can submit materials to the IRB through ARROW.
Do study team members outside UW-Madison/UW Health/Madison VA (i.e., external personnel) need to be listed in the application?
Whether external personnel need to be listed in the application and how depends on whether UW-Madison is serving as their IRB of record. Please contact the Health Sciences IRBs Reliance Team (email@example.com) for help with questions regarding external personnel.