HR - Person Hub
When a person is hired in HRS, the hire data is sent to the Person Hub. The Person Hub in turn sends each campus the hire information so that a login ID can be created. When the campus receives this data it then creates its own email address which is sent back to the Person Hub. This is an automatic batch process that runs every 15 minutes during the work week (7 am to 8 pm). When the email address is sent from the Person Hub back to HRS, the preferred flag is automatically checked for the business address type. If the email address is changed through the HRS system, this process will overwrite what is entered with the original email sent from the campus. To permanently change a business email address, the change must come through the interface from the campus to the Person Hub.
- System Publicly Visible Identifier – It is the key assigned by the Person Hub that ties together a person’s records from the 20 systems sending information to it.
- HRS sends new hire data to the Person Hub.
- Person Hub sends data to campus.
- The campus system creates the User Login and sends the email to the Person Hub.
- The Person Hub sends the email address and the SPVI to HRS.
NOTE: If you update the business email address in HRS, it will be overwritten when the Person Hub update job runs.