HR - Ripple
This procedure describes how to increase someone's pay retroactively, which will change all subsequent entries to the proper amount.
To update an individual's pay rate due to reclassification or pay plan with retroactive implementation dates, correction of rate error on historical rows that need to cascade to any existing or future dated rows.
- A University Staff (Classified) Pay Plan update (HRS-314) and/or Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited Appointment FA/AS/LI (Unclassified) Merit (HRS-36)
- Pay rate adjusted and updated
- Retro pay, if applicable, runs and processes either a negative or positive gross adjustment.
Ripple will not go past the termination date of an individual. Be sure that individuals in question are receiving monetary compensation. If a person is rehired into the same position the default compensation must be updated and the rate verified prior to saving the rehire row.
Exceptions (including first-year considerations):
For retroactive increases or decreases that are entered into HRS retroactive to the first payroll calcs additional pay (either negative or positive) will need to be done to ensure that payments to individuals have been corrected. Retroactive payrolls will not update legacy data.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
Enter the EmplID for the employee, or search by Name, Last Name
- Select the employee from the search results
- Go to the correct entry for the date you need to enter. The correct entry will be the entry that has the date closest to the date you need to enter, but is earlier then the date you need to enter
For example you have to correct the pay rate of someone starting on 5/24/2011 their profile has two entries one at 6/20/2011 and one 2/10/2011. Even though the June entry is closer to the May entry you must create, June is later in the year so you must navigate to the February entry and then create a new entry from there.
- Create a new entry
- Enter the date
- In the drop down menu select "Pay Rate Change"
- In the drop down menu select the Reason for the change
- Click on the Compensation tab
- Navigate to the Changes tab under Pay Components
- Make the appropriate change to the Pay Rate
- Click the Calculate Compensation button
- Click the Save button
- Click OK when prompted
If done correctly you should have a new entry for every entry that is dated after the one you created to fix the pay rate. The entries the system makes will have an action reason "Ripple".
- HR - Action/Action Reason Code Job Aid
- PY - Enter Additional Pay
- PY - Managing the Individual Retroactive Payroll Process (Payroll Coordinators)