HR - Pay Rate Changes
Employees typically receive Pay Rate Changes for: Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited Appointment (FA/AS/LI) Promotion, University Staff Reclassification, Pay Plan increases, Temporary Base Adjustments, etc.
- University Staff Reclasses are typically retroactive.
- Pay Rate Changes done in collaboration with a Promotion will need to be done by adding a subsequent row following the Promotion row.
- If Pay Rate Change is prior to current row, submit a WiscIT to your AG.
Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
Enter employee information into the search fields.
Click the Search button.
If necessary, select the employee from the list.
Click the + button to add a row.
If necessary, change the Effective Date to the date of Pay Rate Change.
If necessary, enter a new sequence number.
Select Pay Rate Change from the Action drop-down list.
Select the appropriate Reason from the drop-down list.
Click the Compensation Tab.
- Click the Default Pay Components button. This will default the Rate Code and the bottom Frequency, when the employee is initially hired. For monthly employees, this also calculates the top compensation rate correctly based on FTE.
- Verify the Rate Code is appropriate for the employee's pay basis (reference [Link for document 15814). is unavailable at this time.]
Enter the new rate into the Comp Rate box.
- Verify that the bottom Frequency populated correctly (reference HR - Comp Rate Frequency Overview).
- Verify or edit the top Frequency. The top Frequency will populate correctly for employees with a Rate Code of NAHRLY, however all employees with a Rate Code of NAANNL will need to be changed to either 9M or M based upon the employee's pay basis. (reference HR - Comp Rate Frequency Overview).
Click the Calculate Compensation button.
- Verify the Compensation Rate (in the top Compensation section) is correct.
Click the Save button.
- HR - Position Management
- HR - Action/Action Reason Code - Job Aid
- PY - Managing the Individual Retroactive Payroll Process (Payroll Coordinators)
- HR - Job Code Changes