FN - Run a Query to Identify Employees with Payroll Default Funding (PRDFLT)
After the Payroll Confirmation has been completed for the current Pay Run ID, you can run a finance query to identify employees whose payroll funding went to PRDFLT (Payroll Default) because funding errors were not corrected in time. The PRDFLT funding chartfield will display in WISDM (Wisconsin Data Mart for PeopleSoft Financials) as: Fund 128, Funding Department PRDFLT, Program Code 1 for the employee's appointing department.
To correct payroll default funding retroactively for employees identified on the query results, non-Madison campus users will need to create a Direct Retro Funding Distribution in PeopleSoft HRS. Madison campus users will need to use the Salary Cost Transfer web-based form and routing system to correct the funding retroactively for employees listed on the query results.
HRS Security Role Required to Run this Query: FI Campus User Funding Reports
Run a Query to Identify Employees with Payroll Default Funding After Payroll Confirmation
- From the HRS Main Menu, use navigation path: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer.
2. In the Query Viewer search screen:
- The Search By: field defaults to Query Name. Leave as is.
- The begins with field is blank. Enter all or part of the query name (e.g. UW_FI_VIEW_DFLT_FUNDING).
- Click the Search button.
3. The Search Results displays query names beginning with UW_FI_VIEW. (See screenshot below).
- You can produce the query results in either HTML (HyperText Markup Language) format or to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Other options are to schedule the query to run at a specific time, or to add the query to your Favorites list.
Tip: To save time locating and running the View PRDFLT Funding Post-Cnfrm query, click the Favorite hyperlink under the Add to Favorites column, in the Search Results area to create (or add to) a list of My Favorite Queries.
4. In the Query Viewer, Search Results screen, click the HTML link to run the query results in a new browser window/tab.
5. The UW_FI_VIEW_DFLT_FUNDING - View PRDLFT Funding Post-Cnfrm new window/tab opens, and lists three required search fields (Pay Run ID, Business Unit, Appointing Dept).
a. In the Pay Run ID field, enter the desired Pay Run ID (e.g. 2014BW01B), if known. If unknown, click on the lookup icon to choose from a list of valid Pay Run IDs.
Note: Pay Run IDs begin with the 4-digit calendar year, then either BW for biweekly or UNC for Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited Appointment (FA/AS/LI) (Unclassified) Monthly, then the 2 digit month; if biweekly, an alpha code A, B or C represents the first, second or third biweekly payroll of the month.
Reference: To locate a list of Pay Run IDs for calendar year, refer to the Calendar Year Pay Schedules .
IMPORTANT: In order to return query results, the Payroll Confirmation must have been completed for the specified Pay Run ID.
b. In the Business Unit field, select the 5-character campus Business Unit abbreviation (e.g. UWMIL).
Note: You can use the percent character % as a wildcard to run for all Business Units, if your HRS Security allows you to do so.
c. In the Appointing Dept field, enter all or part of the 7-character Appointing Dept which starts with your campus alpha code identifier (e.g. B110300). If a partial Appointing Dept is entered, you must use the percent character % as a wildcard (e.g. B11% or B1103%).
Note: You can also enter the percent character % to run for all Appointing Depts.
d. To view query results, click the View Results button.
Note: If you receive the message, "No matching values were found," one of three conditions has occurred:
(1) You neglected to enter information in all three required search fields (Pay Run ID, Business Unit, Appointing Dept).
(2) Your HRS Security access does not allow you to view query results.
(3) Your campus, division, department does not have any employees who had payroll funding errors for the specific Pay Run ID. No further action is needed.
Example of Query Results for a Biweekly Pay Run ID
Action Needed After Reviewing Query Results
6. Each employee listed on the query results needs to have their PRDFLT funding corrected for the affected Pay Run ID.
a. Non-Madison campus users should create a Direct Retro Funding Distribution in PeopleSoft HRS for all employees identified on the query results. For detailed instructions, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document 16415, FN - Enter Direct Retro Funding Distribution.
b. UW-Madison campus users would use the Salary Cost Transfer web tool to start the approval and workflow process to correct PRDFLT funding for employees listed on the query results.
Change Employee's Current Funding on Funding Data Entry Page in HRS
7. You also need to change the employee's current payroll funding in HRS on the Funding Data Entry page to prevent the PRDFLT funding on future Pay Run IDs. For information on how to change salary funding for an employee, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document 17024, Document 17024 is unavailable at this time. .
NOTE: Employees will continue to appear on the UW_FI_VIEW_DFLT_FUNDING query even after a Direct Retro Funding Distribution or Salary Cost Transfer is created and processed because this query does not receive updated payroll data.
8. To view and verify that updated payroll funding was processed and posted correctly, log into WISDM (Wisconsin Data Mart for PeopleSoft Financials).