BN - Federal Thrift Contributions Query
UW Extension has a few employees eligible who are both Federal and State Employees. These employee are eligible to enrolled into Federal Thrift Savings and pay a contribution each payroll. This query provides UW Extension the ability to identify and report these contributions for each payroll.
- Report should be run after each monthly payroll confirmation.
1. Navigate to: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer
3. You are shown the Search Results below. If you had done a partial search, multiple queries may appear in the list. If you searched for the specific query you are looking for, you should only see that value below. To view the query, click the link for Excel.
4. Once you click on the Excel link, a new page will open. On that page, you will enter the Pay Run ID into the Pay Run ID field.
5. After you choose your business unit, click View Results.
6. Open the query using Microsoft Excel and click OK or Open depending on your internet browser.
Below is an example of Mozilla Firefox.
Below is an example of Windows Internet Explorer 9.
7. Review the results and determine a course of actions if needed. Note: An employee will appear on the report with multiple rows for each plan along with employee and employer deductions. The data appearing in the Excel spreadsheet is:
a. ID = Empl ID
b. Name = Employee Name
c. Empl Rcd#
d. Plan Type = A list of Plan Type are available in BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid .
e. Eff Date = Deduction date
f. Ded End = Deduction end date
g. Group = Pay Group
h. Pay Period End
i. Plan = A list of Benefit Plans are available in BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid .
j. Deductn Cd = A list of Deduction Codes are available in BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid .
k. Ded Class = Deduction Class values are B for Before Tax and A for After Tax.l. Curr Dedn = Current Deduction Amount
To the top
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:Related KBs: