AM - Review Absence Balances
This procedure will explain how to read the Review Absence Balances page for university staff (classified) and FA/AS/LI (unclassified) employee balances.
This procedure provides steps for checking leave balances through Global Payroll and Absence Management on the Review Absence Balances page and through the UWS Absences page by Payroll Coordinators and others with the appropriate security access. Leave balances for University Staff (Classified) employees may also be viewed by employees, supervisors, managers, payroll coordinators, and HR Service Center staff in the timesheet and by employees on the My UW portal.
- Absence takes, Absence calculation, and payroll processing
- Absence balances
- Absence balances on this page are as of the last finalized Absence Calculation, which corresponds to the last confirmed payroll processing.
Exceptions (including first-year considerations):
- At the time of the HRS implementation, balances will include the projections of absence accruals for the first pay period to be calculated in HRS.
- Following the first payroll confirmation for University Staff (Classified) employees, this logic will be updated to only display finalized/confirmed balances.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > Review Absence Balances
- Enter the selection criteria by EmplID or Name options
- Click Search
- Employees matching the selection criteria will display in the Search Results
- Click on the EmplID or Name to select the employee
- Click on View All to display all balances for the employee
- Underlined column headers can be clicked on to sort the balances
Alternative method for reviewing Absence Balances:
- Navigate to: Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > UWS Absences
- You will now be at the Absence Events search page. There are multiple ways to search for employees including:
- Group ID – use the magnifying glass to select your Group ID which will retrieve all of the employees to which you are assigned as the "Payroll Coordinator"
- Department – use this field to search for employees in a specific department – you may also narrow your Group ID by adding the Department criteria if you are assigned to multiple departments
- Pay Group – use the magnifying glass to search for employees in a specific Pay Group
- EmplID – use this field to search for a specific employee by Employee ID (Person ID)
- Last Name – use this field to search for a specific person by Last Name or the first few letters of their last name
- Once you have entered your selection criteria click the Get Employees button
- The employee or the list of employees that match the selection criteria should appear. Check the Select box next to the employee's name and click the Request Absence button to continue.
- You may select multiple employees from the list by clicking Select All or by individually selecting the check boxes by each name. By doing this you will be able to navigate to all the selected employees from the View Absence Balances page rather than returning to the search page for each employee.
- Once you have selected the employee or employees that you would like to enter absences for click Absence Balances
- If you have entered your selection criteria incorrectly, or want to perform another search click Clear Selection Criteria and enter your search criteria again
- The View Balances page includes balances as of the last confirmed payroll. The sort cannot be controlled from this page.
- If multiple records were selected on the selection page, you may click on Next Employee to review the balances for the next employee in the list.
- For a description of Absence Balances: AbsenceBalancedescriptions.xlsx