How to Close Studies
Procedures to close a study with the IRB
How do I close a study?
- Step 1: Log in to ARROW.
- Step 2: Locate the study you wish to close by searching for the IRB protocol number under the Approved tab in your personal workspace.
- Step 3: Click on the study name to enter the study’s workspace.
- Step 4: Under "My Activities" on the left side, click on "Submit Study Completion Report."
- Step 5: A pop-up window will appear. Fill out the form.
- Step 6: Click "OK" at bottom of form to submit both the ARROW completion and Protocol Closure Report.
What happens after a study completion report is submitted?The study completion report is either confirmed or denied by the HS-IRBs staff.
- If the study completion report is confirmed, the study will be closed with the IRB and the study’s state will change to Closed in the study workspace.
- If the study completion report is denied, the study team will be notified and may need to respond to IRB comments or questions before the IRB can close the study.