HR - Student Help - Add an Employment Instance
This procedure outlines the steps needed to add an additional Concurrent Job to a Student Hourly employee.
HR Administrators will pull all relevant information from the Student Hire Form, Payroll Forms such as I-9, W-4, and Direct Deposit, any Selective Service Forms (if applicable), and International Tax Forms (if applicable) to complete the Job Information pages associated with Job Data
To perform this procedure, first search for the person in both EPM and HRS:Search for a Person in EPM
Search for a Person in HRS
Navigate to: Workforce Administration > Job Information – Student Help > Add Employment Instance – Student Help ONLY.
Enter the Employee ID number (Empl ID) of the Student and Tab out of the field to populate the Employment Record (Empl Rcd) number field
- The Empl Rec number field will automatically change to next available record number.
- Click the Add Relationship button. The system will take you to the JOB Information pages
- Add a Multiple / Concurrent job for a current/active student hourly worker
Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information - Student Help
Note: If the employee has an Empl Rcd that is terminated, you will rehire
the employee into the lowest inactive Employee Record for their
concurrent job (HR - Rehiring an Employee)
- If rehiring, the process below will be the same starting from the Work Location tab in Job Data
2. If you have determined there are only active Employee Record, you will add employment instance.
Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information - Student Help > Add Employment Instance - Student Help ONLY
3. Enter the Empl ID
4. Click 'Add Relationship'
5. Enter Required Data on Work Location Tab:
- Effective Date
- Action Reason
- Expected Job End Date (if applicable)
- Company, Business Unit (Campus)
- Location (Building)
- Then click Job Information tab.
6. Enter Required Data on Job Information Tab (highlighted yellow):
- Job Code
- Full/Part Time field as PT
- Pay Basis
- Then click Compensation tab.
7. Enter required data on the Compensation Tab (see KB 25233):
- Click Default Pay Components button.
- Enter Required Data in Comp Rate field
- Click the Calculate Compensation button
- The Pay Rate will populate in the Comp Rate near the Top Frequency Tab
- Then click the UW Custom tab.
- Enter Continuity = "None"
- Probation = "Not Required"
- Working Title
- Note: Make the working title descriptive enough so the student can select the correct job when entering time. The working title is the title that is displayed in time and Labor so the student can select the correct job to record time.
- Encumbrance data is not needed for Student Help and may be left blank
8. Enter required data on UW Custom tab:
9. Enter Data on the UW Benefits Tab
10. Click Save.
11. After adding the second job, the Person Data will need to be reviewed and updated accordingly.
- Update new Work Location, Phone Number, etc.
Exceptions:Hire a Person of Interest (POI):
- Document 16865 is unavailable at this time.
- HR - Student Template Hire - Save and Submit
- HRS HR - Student Template Hire - Submit for HR Approval
- HRS HR - Student Template Hire - HR Approval (Manage Hires)
- HR - Student Help - Add a Person
- HR - Student Help - Hire a Person/Create an Empl Record
- TL - Create and Maintain Time and Labor Security
- FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense
- HR - Student Help - Rehire
Navigation: Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Personal Organizational Summary
Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information - Student Help > Add Employment Instance - Student Help ONLY.
(Note: HR Professionals who have HR Update will also be able to use the Navigation: Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Organizational Relationships > New Employment Instance.)
Follow steps / screenshots described above for Adding an Employment Instance