HR - Student Help - Add an Employment Instance
Students may have multiple jobs across a campus or several campuses. When hiring a student that already has an active appointment (in HRS) of any type and is expected to continue on, an additional employment instance (or Employee Record) will need to be added for the new Concurrent Job. This procedure outlines the steps needed to add the Concurrent Job for a Student Hourly employee.
- If the student has an Employee Record (Empl Rcd) that is terminated, you will rehire the student into the lowest inactive Empl Rcd for their Concurrent Job (see KB HR - Student Help - Rehire )
- The role UW_UNV_HR_STUDENT_HELP_UPD is needed to access the New Employment Instance menu path.
- Other HR update roles will use the navigation path: Workforce Administration>Personal Information>Organizational Relationships>New Employment Instance.
Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information > Add Employment Instance-Student
Enter the Empl ID
Press Tab; Empl Record will update on its own
Click 'Add Relationship'
Enter Required Data on Work Location Tab:
- Effective Date: start date of job
- Select Reason
- Business Unit (Campus)
- Location (Building)
- Expected Job End Date (if applicable)
- Then click Job Information tab.
- Enter required data on Job Information tab:
- Job Code
- Full/Part field as Part-Time
- Pay Basis
- Then click the Compensation tab.
- Enter required data on the Compensation Tab (see KB HR - Compensation Tab Overview ):
- Click Default Pay Components button
- Verify Rate Code = NAHRLY
- Enter required compensation data in Comp Rate field
- Verify bottom Frequency is H
- Verify top Frequency is H
- Click the Calculate Compensation button
- The Pay Rate will populate in the Comp Rate near the Top Frequency Tab
- Then click the UW Custom tab.
- Enter required data on UW Custom tab:
- Select Continuity of None (N)
- Select Probation Type of Not Required
- Enter a Working Title
- Note: Make the working title descriptive enough so the student can select the correct job when entering time. The working title is the title that is displayed in Time and Labor so the student can select the correct job to record time.
- Previous WRS Local Service
- Previous WRS State Service
- When appropriate, change the Benefit Service Date
- Enter Criminal Background Check date
- HR - Compensation Tab Overview
- HR - Student Help - Add a Person
- HR - Student Help - Hire into a Job or Transfer
- HR - Student Help - Rehire
- HR - Student Template Hire
- Document 16778 is unavailable at this time.
- FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense
- TL - Create and Maintain Time and Labor Security
- PD - HRS Glossary