OverviewThis user procedure provides detailed information and instructions for employees on how to update their veteran status via My UW Portal.
- Persons of Interest (POI) will not have access to Self-Service
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- Login to My UW System Portal using your campus login as described in Logging into the My.Wisconsin.edu / My.Wisc.edu System Portal.
- Click the Personal Information tile.
- Click on Update My Personal Information link.
- Select Veteran Status from the menu bar on the left.
- Update the Self-Identification section and review the Reasonable Accommodation Notice.
NOTE: To see definitions for veteran classifications, click the arrow next to Definitions
- Click the green Submit button at the bottom.
NOTE: Depending upon the selection made, you may get a warning verifying that you would like to make the change, click OK.
Click OK to confirm submission.
- A green successful submission bar will appear briefly at the top of the page.
- Adding a Preferred Name Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Changing an Address Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Changing Phone Numbers and Email Addresses Using Self Service in HRS
- Changing Emergency Contacts Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Changing Marital Status Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Updating Other Health Insurance Information Using Self Service in HRS
- Changing Ethnic Groups Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Updating Disability Status Using Employee Self Service Using My UW Portal
- Customizing Modules, Content, and Layout in the MyUW System Portal