AM - Enter an Absence Take - Manager
This procedure describes how to submit a full day absence request on an employee's behalf as a manager.
This document explains the procedure for entering a full day absence on behalf of an employee.
- Employee Timesheet
- Managers should always remember to review an employee's absence balances before submitting a take on an employee's behalf. The balance for the employee will display when you select the absence type.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:Before using this guide, an employee should know the following:
- Campus login ID and password for My UW System Portal
To enter a full day absence for an employee:
- Log in to the My UW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu/. Note: UW-Madison employees can optionally log in to the My UW Madison portal instead. For more information on logging into the My UW System portal, please see UWSC Support - Logging in to My.Wisconsin.edu System Portal.
- Locate the Manager Time and Approval module and click the Manager Self Service – Time Management link.
- In the Manager Self Service menu, click the Absence Request link.
- Enter a date on or before the date the absence will occur in the As Of field. You can enter the date in the format MM/DD/YYYY or select a date from a calendar by clicking the calendar icon.
- Click the Continue button.
- You will now be on the Select Employees to Process screen. Notice that only employees that report to you as of the date you entered on the previous page will show up here.
- Click the radio button next to the name of the desired employee and click the Continue button.
- Enter the Start Date for the employee's absence. You can enter the date in the form of MM/DD/YYYY or select a date from a calendar by clicking the calendar icon.
- Select the appropriate absence from the Absence Name drop down menu.
- Notice that after selecting an Absence Name, several more fields appear. The Current Balance for the select absence will also appear.
NOTE: This balance only reflects the balance as of the last Earnings Statement (i.e. confirmed payroll). Absences approved or taken since the last payroll are not reflected in this balance.
- Enter the End Date for the employee's absence. You can enter the date in the form of MM/DD/YYYY or select a date from a calendar by clicking the calendar icon.
- Click the Submit button.
- You will now see a confirmation message. Click the OK button.
- After the confirmation page, you will be taken to the Request Details page. The absence request has been successfully submitted. Notice that because you are a manager submitting this request on behalf of the employee, the request is automatically approved.