This document describes the process users will need to go through if they have a personal Google Apps account using their @wisc.edu email address.
What is a conflicting account?A conflicting account occurs if a user created a personal Google Account with the same email address as a UW-Madison G Suite account. Conflicting accounts most commonly occur if a user logged into one of Google's services with their @wisc.edu e-mail address before UW-Madison offered Google Apps as an enterprise service.
Example : Bucky Badger created a personal account for Google Docs using "email@example.com" before UW-Madison offered Google Apps to campus. When UW-Madison turned on Google Apps for campus, a second, conflicting account was created for "firstname.lastname@example.org".
How do I resolve a conflicting account?
- Go to https://www.google.com.
- Log into your temporary personal G Suite email address.
- Personal UW-Madison account: email@example.com
- Ex: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Departmental account: email@example.com
- Ex: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Option 1: Migrate data from your personal G Suite account to your enterprise UW-Madison G Suite account.
- Recommended: If you are storing university data in your personal G Suite Account. University data will need to be moved to your enterprise UW-Madison G Suite account.
- View list of data that cannot be migrated.