Voice/Telephone Services (Centrex) - Forwarding Calls Directly to Voice Mail
This procedure will direct all incoming calls to voice mail.
Directing incoming calls to voice mail and cancelling this feature.
To Activate Direct Forwarding to Voice Mail:
- Lift telephone receiver and hear dial tone on the number you are forwarding.
- Dial *116.
- Hear special dial tone.
- Dial 5-5500.
- Hear confirmation tones (series of beeps) followed by ringing or busy, then hang up.
- Confirm the process worked by calling the number. It should now be forwarded to the designated number.
- Repeat the process if forwarding did not activate.
- Lift telephone receiver and hear dial tone.
- Dial *118.
- Hear confirmation tones (series of beeps) before you hang up.
- Confirm forwarding has been removed by dialing the telephone number. It should ring at the normal location.
- Repeat if forwarding did not deactivate.