TL - Time Clock to TL upload error log and corrections
This procedure provides an overview of the Time Clock error log.
General Description:This procedure provides an overview of the Time Clock error log. Time will be collected for some UW Athletics employees through Time Collection Devices (TCDs or Time Clocks). The HRS production environment will be linked to the Time Clock through a TimeLink server. If the data flowing from the Time Clock through the TimeLink server does not go into the timesheet, the Time Clock error log will record the issue. The error log will indicate the cause of the issue, which will assist with error resolution. The TCD Error Log should be analyzed on a daily basis. To be determined: Who will review this error log on a daily basis.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to Time and Labor > Time and Labor Set Up Center and click on the Time Admin Setup and Tools hyperlink.
- The Time Admin Setup and Tools page opens. Click on Analyze Time and Labor.
- The Analyze Time and Labor page opens. Click on Review TCD Errors.
- The Review TCD Errors page opens.
- If more errors are listed than are showing, click View All to expand the error log.
- The error log displays all the listed errors.
- To analyze a TCD error, click on the TCD Error Detail icon at the left of the row you want to view.
- The TCD Error Detail page opens for the selected row. The TCD Punched Time Errors tab is shown.
- The information on this tab will assist in analyzing the TCD error. The page includes the following fields:
Subscription Date Time (when the error was recorded)
Punch Transaction section:
Empl Rcd Nbr
Punch Type: 0 = Elapsed time, 1 = In, 2 = Out, 3 = Meal, 4 = Break (Not used), 5 = Transfer (Not used)
Badge ID number
Add/Del Ind: indicates if the punch was being added or deleted
Punch Date Time: date and time of the punch at the time clock
Transaction Errors section:
Field Name: field which caused error
Message Text: cause of error
Transaction Task Elements section:
Task Element Code
Task Element Value
- Click on the Punch Time Error Attributes tab or hyperlink for additional information related to the error.
- The Punched Time Error Attributes page opens.
- The Punch Transaction table includes the following fields:
TCD ID: the unique ID number for the Time Collection Device
Task Profile ID
TCD Supervisor ID (if assigned)
Override Reason Code
Action Date Time
- Analyze the error log to determine the cause of the error. Possible errors might include corrections which need to be made to the employee information or timing issues between TimeLink and the timesheet.
- After the error is analyzed and corrected, select Resubmit to Reported Time. Then click Apply and OK.
- The punch is resubmitted to the timesheet.
- This completes the steps for this procedure.