HR - Position Management
This document describes how to use Position Management in the HRS HR module.
- This document does not apply to UW-Madison and is intended for users from other UW campuses. UW-Madison users should refer to documentation intended for their campus.
Using Position Management is an option in PeopleSoft. The idea of a campus having a set amount of positions and employees hold a position like sitting in a seat. When an employee leaves that position, it can be reused for the next incumbent. At Conversion, all Employees will be converted with a Position number. This will give campuses the opportunity to begin to use Position Management.
- Current Employee Vacates Position
- New Employee Hired into Position
- Position Management
HR - Change Position Data (You may need to update the position prior to hiring new incumbent.)
Exceptions (including first-year considerations):
University Staff Temporary (LTEs) and Student Workers will not be required beyond conversion to hold Positions.
Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- Enter Employee Name or Empl ID#
- Click Search button.
- Click button.
- Enter Effective Date.
- Select appropriate Action to vacate position.
- Select appropriate Action Reason.
- Copy the Position #.
- Click Save button.
- Paste in the Position # on the Work Location Tab in Job Data when processing new Hire.
End of Procedure.
- HR - Hire Employee into a Job without a Position (Non-Madison)
- HR - Change Position Data
- HR - Action/Action Reason Code Job Aid
- HR - Position Consolidation
- Document 26082 is unavailable at this time.