HR - Position Management
Using Position Management is an option in HRS. The idea is that a campus has a set amount of positions and employees hold a position like sitting in a seat. When an employee leaves that position, it can be reused for the next incumbent.
- You may need to update the position prior to hiring new incumbent. See HR - Change Position Data
- Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- Enter Employee Name or Empl ID#
- Click Search button.
- Click plus button to add a row.
- Enter Effective Date.
- Select appropriate Action to vacate position.
- Select appropriate Action Reason.
- Copy the Position #.
- Click Save button.
- Paste in the Position # on the Work Location Tab in Job Data when processing new Hire.