OverviewWhen an employee submits an absence request that needs some modifications, such as, changing the take type, length of absence etc., the Manager may want to choose the option of "Push Back". If this is the case, the absence request will be sent back to the employee to review and modify as the Manager suggests.
Note: If an employee mistakenly submits an absence request to their supervisor, there is no way for the employee to recall the submitted request unless the employee contacts the supervisor to have them "push back" the request. From there the employee can modify and resubmit the request.
- Employees should always review their absence balances before submitting any absence requests. The employee's balance will display on the page once they have selected the Absence Name.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
Log in to the My UW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu/. (Note: UW-Madison employees log in to the My UW-Madison portal). For more information on logging into the My UW System portal, please see Logging into the My.Wisconsin.edu / My.Wisc.edu System Portal .
- Locate the Manager Time and Approval module and click the Approve Absence link.
- You will be taken to the Absence Requests page. This page will show any Pending absence requests by default. Choose the absence you wish to push back by clicking on the employee's Name.
*Note: you can view any requests you have approved or denied by changing the Show Requests By Status field to what you want to view ("Approved" or "Denied") and then click the Refresh button.
- The Absence Details page will appear. Click on the Push Back button to send the absence request back to the employee. Although not required, it is recommended that you leave comments for the employee in the Approver Comments box.
- You will see the Push Back Confirmation page. Click Yes to push back the absence.
- On the next Push Back Confirmation page click OK to finish pushing back the absence.
*Note: The Current Balance on the page reflects whatever the employee's leave balance was when they submitted the request and will not reflect any other absence requests that were pending at the time. You should always verify that your employees have available hours in their balance before approving any absence requests.
To the top