BN - Benefits Personal Data
Benefits Personal Data is where information regarding Medicare, Other Health Insurance, marital status, and ETF Member ID are stored. All of this information should be regularly updated from the ET-2301 Health Insurance Application Form completed by the employee.
This procedure will cover how to correctly enter benefit personal data, which drives the ETF Health Interface for State Group Health. Therefore, accuracy and consistency are important in maintaining this information.Why Use This?
- ETF requires these fields for coordination of benefits purposes. These fields include Medicare, SP/DP state employment, marital status, and other insurance.
- Other Health Insurance indicator of 'yes' or 'no' is required for State Group Health benefit entry and election into ETF for Coordination of Benefits
Downstream Effects of Not Updating this page or inputting Incorrect Information
- Information will feed into ETF Interface incorrectly
- Campus Benefit Administrator will need to do additional follow-up with employee if information is not provided.
- Employee may be enrolled in plans that they actually are not eligible for due to missing other health insurance or medicare information
Pain Points (Things Forgotten In This Process)
- This page will need to be maintained going forward as it is required information for ETF
- Maintain Marital Status & Date
- Maintain Other Health Insurance & Medicare Information
- This screen should be updated whenever a new Health Insurance Application form is submitted by employee.
- IF a Benefit Adminstrator does not have access to update this HRS page, they will need to work with their HR Dept. to update specific fields.
1. Click Benefits > Employee/Dependent Information > Benefits Personal Data
2. Enter the Employee's ID
3. Click Search
4. ETF Member ID is listed here. This ID is ETF's unique identifier for this employee in their database; it is always 8 digits.
Coordination of Benefits
a. If applicable, mark if spouse/DP is also a state employee
b. Please select 'Yes' or 'No' to Other Health Insurance. If 'Yes', then list all known information regarding the other insurance using the three fields: Insurance Company Name, Insurance Policy Number, Insurance Group Number
You would get the Other Health Insurance information from the Health Insurance Application ET-2301 form Section 12 on page 4, "Complete if you have additional Health Insurance/Coverage".
a. If applicable, provide Effective Date and Marital Status.
The Marital Status will also update to the Modify a Person HRS page Marital Status information.
You would get the Marital Status information from the Health Insurance Application ET-2301 form Section 1 on page 1, "Applicant Information."
Benefits Personal Data
a. This box can be ignored
Benefits Personal Data - Date Sensitive
a. If applicable, fill in Medicare information.
If employee's Medicare Number ends in 'A' this means they have Medicare
Reason A. If employee's Medicare Number ends in 'B' this means they have
Medicare Reason B. Employees might have both.
You would get the Medicare information from the Health Insurance Application ET-2301 form Section 11 on page 3, "Complete if you are Covered by Medicare."
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
- HR - Maintain Employee Data - Biographical Details
- BN - Add/Update Dependents
- BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table
- BN - Add Coverage Job Aid
- BN - Add Dependent Job Aid
- Document 17190 is unavailable at this time.
- BN - Cancel Coverage Job Aid
- Document 17267 is unavailable at this time.