AM - Using Multiple Absence Types over 1 day (Employee)
This document shows you how to enter a absences with multiple take types on an employee's behalf in HRS.
This procedure will instruct the employee on how to enter absences using multiple types of leave.
Managers should always remember to review an employee's absence balances before submitting a take on an employee's behalf. The balance for the employee will display when you select the absence type.
To enter an absence with multiple take types for an employee:
- Log in to the My UW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu/. Note: UW-Madison employees can optionally log in to the My UW Madison portal instead. For more information on logging into the My UW System portal, please see UWSC Support - Logging in to My.Wisconsin.edu System Portal.
Locate the Time and Absence module and click the Enter Absence link.
You will now see the Request Absence page. This is where you fill out the specific information for your absence request.
- Enter the Start Date for your absence. You can enter the date in the form of MM/DD/YYYY or select a date from a calendar by clicking the calendar icon.
- Select the appropriate absence from the Absence Name drop down menu.
6. Notice that after selecting an Absence Name, several more fields appear. The Current Balance for the select absence will also appear.
Note: This balance only reflects approved absences. If the employee has any pending absences, they will not be reflected int he Current Balance.
|NOTE: This balance only reflects the balance as of the last Earnings Statement (i.e. confirmed payroll). Absences approved or taken since the last payroll are not reflected in this balance.|
- Enter the End Date for your absence. You can enter the date in the form of MM/DD/YYYY or select a date from a calendar by clicking the calendar icon.
Select the desired option from the Partial Days drop down menu. Notice that when you select an option other than "None" for Partial Days, a new field will appear and will be named depending on your selection. In the screenshot below, the new field is All Days Hours because we selected "All Days" from the Partial Days drop down menu.
- All Days – Every day in the absence request will be a partial day absence.
- End Day Only – Only the last day in the absence request will be a partial day absence. The others will be full day absences.
- None – There are no partial day absences in the absence request. All days will be full day absences.
- Start Day Only – Only the start day will be a partial day absence. The others will be full day absences.
- Start and End Days – Both the start day and the end day will be partial day absences. The others will be full day absences.
- Enter the number of hours for your partial days in the All Days Hours field. In the screenshot below, this employee will be taking a half day, so we enter 4 hours.
- Click the Calculate End Date or Duration button.
5. Notice that the Duration field has been filled in with the total number of leave hours for the absence request. In the screenshot below, we only requested a single day at 4 hours per day so the Duration equals our All Days Hours.
6. Click the Submit button.
7. You will now see a confirmation message. Click the OK button.
8. After the confirmation page, you will be taken to the Request Details page. The absence request has been successfully submitted. Notice that because you are a manager submitting this request on behalf of the employee, the request is automatically approved.
9. Repeat the steps to enter a second absence. By using the same Start Date, End Date, 4 All Days Hours, and a different Absence Name, you will have a single day off using 4 hours of one absence type, and 4 hours of another absence type.