ResNet Registration Procedure
The following is an overview for registering devices using the ResNet registration system.
ResNet does not allow users to access the main ResNet page after they register their computer with ResNet. For this reason users should register their devices in this order:
- Gaming consoles & other devices without a built-in browser
- Personal computers
Note: If your devices are plugged into a router, you only need to register the router, not the individual devices. The ResNet network only cares about network endpoints, not the individual traffic that is flowing through those endpoints. If you remove the router, you will have to re-register each device.
For users attempting to connect their devices to ResNet for the first time there are several different procedures depending on the user and the type of device he or she is attempting to register.
- Users only connecting a computer to ResNet (and no other devices) should follow the instructions in:
ResNet Registration of Computers and Mobile Devices (Not Routers)
- Users connecting a router to ResNet (and connecting devices through the router) should follow the instructions in:
ResNet Registration of Routers
- Users connecting a game console or other device to ResNet should explore the various connection options in:
ResNet Registration of Devices Lacking a Built-In Browser (Game Consoles, TiVO, etc.)
- Conference Attendees or Guests attempting to connect to ResNet should follow the steps laid out in:
For Help Desk Staff -- Guest ResNet Registration (Summer Guests and/or UA Residents) Overview