Voice Mail - Security Code Reset
This document explains how to change the security code on a voice mailbox.
Resetting Your Voice Mail Security Code
Method 1 -- Changing your security code via the telephone:
- At the main menu, press 4 for PhoneManager.
- For Personal Options, press 1.
- To change your security code, press 4.
- When prompted, press the digits in sequence, followed by the # key.
note: The security code can be any number of digits 4 or greater and less than 15. Six digits is strongly recommended.
- To confirm your new security code, enter it again, followed by the # key. You have successfully changed your security code.
Method 2 -- Changing your security code via the Web PhoneManager
- Log into http://voicemail.doit.wisc.edu
- Click on the Personal Settings link on the left side of the page
- Click on the Security Code tab
- Enter your current code, then enter the new code and confirm it.
note: Your security code must be a minimum of 4 digits long, but we suggest at least a 6 digit security code.
Resetting a Forgotten Voice Mail Security Code or Locked Account
Method 1 -- Resetting your voice mail security code via the Web PhoneManager
- Go to https://voicemail.doit.wisc.edu
- Click on Forgot Security Code?
- Enter your 7 digit mailbox number or your email address and click OK
note: If you see "The Security Code Reset Instructions e-mail could not be sent." please contact the DoIT Help Desk. It is possible that you may not have an email address on file.
Method # 2 -- Requesting a voice mail security code reset via telephone
- Call 264-4357 and select option 2
- You may be asked to provide the following information:
- Voice mail phone number
- Name associated with the account
- Date of birth
- If the mailbox is in your name, the Help Desk agents (Pick 2) should be able to reset your security code and/or unlock your account.
- If the mailbox is in someone else's name (you "inherited" it), your authorized agent will need to email a request to get the the name updated.
You can identify your authorized agent on the Authorized User Lookup site.
Your authorized agent should:
- e-mail a request to update the voice mail box ownership to: email@example.com
- the request should include:
- voice mail box number (phone number)
- funding string
- your name
- email address
- For a new user, Voice Services will rebuild the account and email you the set-up instructions including a temporary security code. If you currently have access to the voice mailbox, the name will be changed and the voice mail box profile updated.