BN - WED - ABBR Mismatch Report
This KB document provides the steps required to add an Annual Benefit Base Rate for Income Continuation Insurance and State Group Life based on the WED - ABBR Mismatch Report.
Income Continuation Insurance (ICI) and State Group Life Insurance (SGL) requires an Annual Benefit Base Rate (ABBR) for the payroll process to accurately calculate the insurance premiums to charge each payroll. The mismatched ABBR between Employee Records cause insurance premiums to calculate correctly according to the rules for ICI and SGL. Benefit Administrators need to review the employee's job and compensation data and update or correct an ABBR accordingly. The most common reason an employee will have a ABBR mismatch between Employee Records is one Employee Record has the most up to date information while another Employee Record was recently rehired containing older ABBR effective dated information.
- Error listing:
- Employees with an ABBR not matching between Employee Records
- Credentialed users can enter an ABBR or correct an ABBR
- Updated Annual Benefit Base Rate for Income Continuation Insurance and State Group Life on all active Employee Records.
- WiscIT requesting a Payline Adjustment if the employee's premiums were incorrect and you do not have access to enter paylines.
- The employee will fall off the error query the following business day.
- The WED is available for credentialed users ONLY and is based on current security roles. Queries will be viewable only if they have the ability to fix them.
- The ABBR should be entered or fixed prior to the first payroll in which Income Continuation Insurance and State Group Life Insurance premiums will be charged.
- ICI ABBR's are based on an estimated annual salary during the first year an employee is eligible for the WRS. The Annual ICI Process will then update the ABBR each year based on the prior WRS year's earnings.
- SGL ABBR's are based on an estimated annual salary during the first year an employee is eligible for the WRS. The Annual SGL Process will then update the ABBR each year based on the prior WRS year's earnings or the highest year of reported WRS earnings, whichever is higher.
- SGL ABBR should match the coverage amount on the State Group Life Insurance application submitted to Department of Employee Trust Funds.
- SGL7 ABBR's are based on 50% of highest year of reported WRS earnings.
- An ICI and SGL ABBR must be added to EVERY active Employee Rcd (Empl_Rcd) to ensure that the ICI and SGL premiums will calculate correctly regardless of which Empl_Rcd is marked as the Benefits Primary Record. More information on Benefits Primary Records is available in the Related KB Documents and Job Aids section below.
- HRS will NOT recognize a change in ABBR as an event requiring benefits retro to calculate. In the event an ABBR has been changed after a payroll has run, a payline adjustment will be required to pick up the missing premium. If you do not have the security to add a payline adjustment, please open a WiscIT and assign it to your AG Group. Please note: clicking the WiscIT button will not automatically create a ticket for you in Cherwell.
- ABBR effective date cannot be earlier than the hire date on each Employee Record.
- Income Continuation Insurance ABBR's MUST be changed mid-year due to permanent changes in FTE or annual salary. For more information about ICI mid-year changes, please visit the Income Continuation Insurance: Annual Base Benefit Rate Rules.
- State Group Life ABBR's are NOT changed mid-year due to changes in FTE or annual salary.
- If you are missing an ABBR for a date other than the initial date of State Group Life eligibility (i.e. an historical row), you will need to use correction to add the effective dated row.
1. Log into HRS. The Workflow Exception Dashboard queries will appear to the right of the main menu. Error queries appear based on your current security and whether there is an error to fix.
2. Click on the hyperlink for the UW_BN_ABBR_MISMATCH query.
3. A current list of employees whose ICI, SGL, or SGL7 ABBR values do not match between Employee Records will be displayed. This list will be refreshed each evening.
Empl_ID's that appear as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error. (This may occur if the employee has a ABBR Unrounded error.)
4. Click the Check to Claim checkbox next to the employee you wish to work on. Your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted. (NOTE: Employee will appear on the report more than once since their ABBR value does not match between Empl Rcds. Please remember to claim all employee rows.)
5. Click the BN_ANNL_BENEF_BASE hyperlink for the employee you have claimed.
6. The employee's Update ABBR page will be displayed where you will add a new effective dated row and amount or correct an existing effective dated row. Click on the magnifying glass icon to select the ABBR type of ICI, SGL or SGL7 to review current ABBRs. (Note: You will may need to click on the Correct History button to correct an existing effective dated ABBR.)
7. To better review ABBR values on each Employee Record, you will need to navigate to the Review ABBR's pages. Click the "New Window" hyperlink in the top right corner of your screen to open a second window to obtain this data.
8. Navigate to Benefits > Employee/Dependent Information > Review ABBRs and enter the employee's Empl_ID and click Search.
9. Select the first Employee Record and review. The most recent effective dated row will appear for each ABBR type along with the amount. Navigate through the Employee Records by clicking the Next in List button and compare effective dates and amounts between Employee Records. The most common reason an employee will have a ABBR mismatch between Employee Records is one Employee Record has the most up to date information while another Employee Record was recently rehired containing older ABBR effective dated information. The example below shows an employee with a SGL ABBR on Employee Record 0 with a 6/1/2016 row however the effective dated row on Employee Record 1 is 5/23/2011. Therefore, the Employee Record 1 needs a 6/1/2016 row with the new amount added.
10. To add the employee's ABBR, click on your original window or navigate to Benefits > Employee/Dependent Information > Update ABBRs. (Note: this menu item is directly above the display ABBR menu item. If you click directly from the display to the update screen, the system will remember the Empl_ID you entered for display and take you directly into the page without having to Search for the employee again.
11. Click on the magnifying glass icon to select the ABBR type of ICI, SGL or SGL7. The Effective Date and amount used must be equal between Employee Records. Remember the amount should be rounded UP to the next highest $1,000. In our example, we are adding an ABBR Type of SGL, an Effective Date of 6/01/2016, and an ABBR amount of $75,000. (Please note: do not use commas or decimal points when entering an ABBR. The system will add the decimal point upon saving the record. In addition, you will not be able to enter a effective date earlier than the Employee Record hire date.) When all information has been added, click the Save button to save the record.
12. To verify that you now have an ICI, SGL or SGL7 ABBR entered into the system correctly, navigate back to Review ABBR's (menu item below Update ABBRs on the left menu bar)
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
- OHRWD Website: Disability and Income Replacement Insurance
- Income Continuation Insurance: Annual Base Benefit Rate Rules
- OHRWD Website: State Group Life Insurance
Related Job Aids
- RR - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard
- UWSC Support - Personalize HRS Home Page Content and Layout
- BN - WED - Benefit Primary Flag Assignment
- BN - Annual Benefits Base Rate (ABBR)
- BN - WED - ABBR Unrounded Report
- BN - WED - Income Continuation Insurance Missing/Incorrect ABBR Report
- BN - WED - State Group Life Missing/Incorrect ABBR Report
- BN - Review Life and AD/D Benefits Enrollments
- BN - Review Life and AD/D Benefits Enrollments