BN - Add/Update Dependents
In HRS, employers will have to add dependents to their records before those dependents can be enrolled in benefits plans. This job aid walks you through adding a dependent and updating existing dependent information. Update Dependent/Beneficiary Page in HRS is where dependent personal information is stored. All of this information should be regularly updated from the ET-2301 Health Insurance Application Form completed by the employee.
- The Update Dependent/Beneficiary page should be updated whenever a new Health Insurance Application ET-2301 form is submitted by employee.
- The dependent information is located on page 1 of the ET-2301 form under 2. Spouse/DP Information and 3. Dependent Information, and on page 3 Medicare Information and on page 4 Other Health Insurance as shown below.
1. Navigate to: Benefits → Employee/Dependent Information → Update Dependent/Beneficiary.
3. Click Search.
a. If this employee has no prior dependents, you can edit the first blank row by clicking Edit Name.
b. If you need to add an additional dependent, click the Add a new row icon (+) to add a new dependent to this employee's record.
4. Enter an Effective Date for this dependent. (must be on or prior to the coverage Effective Date)
5. Click the Edit Name hyperlink and type the name in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. (Please do NOT place a symbol/period in the Middle Name box.)
- Click the Refresh Name to update and view how this name will be displayed.
6. Click OK to continue.
7. Click the Address tab at the top the screen. Select the same address as employee and the same phone as employee, or add in different information for dependent if applicable. Click OK to continue.
8. Click the Personal Profile tab.
a. Personal details are entered on this tab. Enter data such as Date of Birth, Relationship to Employee, Gender, Marital Status, Marital Status Date, Social Security Number, Other Health Insurance, and Medicare Info.
- Be sure to click the checkbox for Primary ID next to the Social Security Number for the dependent.
9. Once all data has been entered on all tabs, click Save at the bottom of the screen.
UPDATE DEPENDENT INFORMATION
a. If you are adding a new dependent, click the top Add a new row icon (+) to add a new dependent to this employee's record.
b. If you are updating the name of an existing dependent, click the second Add a new row icon (+).
4. Click the Edit Name link. Enter an Effective Date for this dependent's change. (Effective Date of the change.)
a. Press OK when completed.
9. Click the Personal Profile tab at the top of the screen. Personal details are entered on this tab. You can correct data such as Date of Birth, Effective Date of Dependent, Relationship to Employee, Gender, Marital Status, Marital Status Date, SSN, Other Health Insurance, and Medicare Info.
10. When all data has been entered or corrected on all tabs, click Save at the bottom of the screen.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:Related KBs:
- BN - Health Benefits Data Entry Steps
- BN - Adding or Removing a Dependent from Coverage using On-Demand